Used 2000 Volvo C70 Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C70 model:

Love the car
By Jacqueline Caruthers

2000 Volvo C70 LT Turbo 2dr Convertible

We have own this car since 2000. We enjoy it. It looks great and is a fun vehicle.

Best car I have ever had
By Matt

2000 Volvo C70 LT Turbo 2dr Convertible

This is a wonderful car. It is reliable and safe. It is fun to drive. The kids fit in the back. The top is whisper quiet. The sound system sounds great... the CD player is early nineties garbage and skips constantly... but it sounds great. It is powerful enough and performs well. Don't let the whiny reviews deter you from owning this fabulous car. There are no models of cars that are over 15 years old that don't have some that were treated poorly and require maintenance. It's silly to think that these experiences inform the common experience. Look for a good one. Put the top up and down a few times. Drive it a few miles. Take it to a mechanic. When you find the right one this will be some of the best money you ever spent.

Dont ever buy a volvo!!!!
By jennyd9

2000 Volvo C70 LT Turbo 2dr Convertible

The worst car I have ever bought! the door panels came off a week after I bought it, the door locks stopped working and I had to buy new ones and those still didnt fix the problem, the rear window caved in for a second time, every single light on the dash has indicated something wrong with the car, the transmission is giving out and now the check engine light is on and there is a rocking motion that wont go away. VERY hard to turn, almost like I am driving a bus, and the rocking motion is just like that of a yellow bus starting to move. When I go for a short distance on city streets it starts smoking. This car is so scary to drive and very frustrating. Never again will I ever buy a volvo.

nothing about this car is good, not even the looks.

the sound that the car makes when it goes over bumps, it sounds like when u rub 2 Styrofoam pieces together, the engine needs improvements and the entire car needs something done with it.

Unique but poor design!
By dezitrondeluxe

2000 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Coupe

When I bought this car it was already 5 years old and over 90,000 miles and now it is up to 130,000. I have taken such good care of this car yet I always have to take it to the shop for major problems. It has had electrical problems from day one, the throttle is going out and so is the transmission. There was a recall on the electronic throttle in 06' I was never aware of. From what I have read online this car was just a bad design because everyone else I know with other Volvo models have not had nearly as many problems as I have with the c70. I admit I love its aesthetics because it is so sleek and rare but I spent over eight grand fixing it. Not worth it!

Falls Apart
By Burned by Volvo

2000 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Coupe

Like others here, my door panels fall off ($1000 each) switches fail, sunroof constantly comes loose from the frame, the leather seats have peeled and the cqar is a basic nightmare. The throttle body has also failed, steering arm...the list goes on and on despite taking great care of this lemon. Volvo has been no help what so ever despite agreeing that ALL of these are known problems with this disaster.

Appearance

Implement a quality control program