Used 1990 Volvo 740 Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 740 model:

Great Car
By David Blackburn

1990 Volvo 740 Turbo 4dr Wagon

Most reliable car we’ve ever owned

1990 740 GL
By LG

1990 Volvo 740 GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my Volvo in 2005 with 190,000 miles on it and have driven it daily ever since, as well as a few long distance road trips. It handles very well and is very comfortable to drive. It now has 328,000 miles and is still running great! I have had regular maintenance done and replaced parts as they have worn out. It doesn't leak or burn any oil. The maintenance and repair costs have been low, but I have a very good Volvo mechanic. I don't ever want to sell my Volvo! I still have my 740 and have since bought two more Volvos.

Still Going Strong
By jiminlakewood

1990 Volvo 740 Turbo 4dr Wagon

At 270000 miles, it gets on down the road great.
Had to replace the turbo and catalytic converter.
But after that the car has been pretty low cost to maintain (about $0.035/mile).
Still looks good, paint still shiny.
Run Mobil 1 oil and Mobil synthetic transmission fluid.

Turbo!

Wish they still made cars that would last 20 plus years so we would use our resources wisely.

my wonderful Volvo
By jfs

1990 Volvo 740 GLE 4dr Wagon

My wonderful Volvo was struck by another car on Monday night. This is the best car that I have ever owned. Everyone keeps telling me that the best thing is that I am not hurt. Thank-you to God and my wonderful Volvo for that. I have never loved a car like I loved my Volvo. When I purchased it 2 years ago, it had 120,000 miles on it. I had to drive to my job in another city for almost a year. Thus I have put many extra miles on it. It now has over 300,000 miles on it. I am going to miss my car so much. It is worth so much more than the insurance company wants to pay me. It's called peace of mind, which cannot be bought with any amount of money!

All of them!

NONE

1990 740 GLE Volvo wagon
By jfs

1990 Volvo 740 GLE 4dr Wagon

I am very sad to report that my beloved Volvo was in a front end crash last night. I loved that car! It was the best car that I have ever owned. I bought it from a mechanic in 2008. It has served me extremely well. It had over 300,000 miles, because I had to travel a good distance to my job (for almost a year.) I told my son that no matter how much money I had,I would buy a brand new Volvo! This car even protected me in this bad crash! I would recommend a used Volvo over any other used car. It required very little maintenance. I only had to do minimal upkeep (changing oil,filter,brakes(once),tires, etc.) It was an amazing car! I am so sad! I used all my available words in honor of my Volvo.

THE ENTIRE CAR