Used 2005 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews

Used Touareg for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...40

Pros
Cons

Worst SUV ever

Bill, 11/09/2005

I have had nothing but problems with my Volkswagen Touareg and no support from VW customer care. They hang up the phone on people and their "policy" is you can not speak to a manager ever. The transmission went on mine at 1,900 miles! The dealers ship said VW would only allow them to clear the codes! It is not the dealer's fault VW NA runs them with the warranty and will not let them fix it. I had to start a lemon law, lawsuit to get them to speak with me! They ended up settling just so I would go away. Do yourself a favor read the reviews first, or it will cost you big bucks!

Good Value

PGal, 08/10/2010

Solid, well made German SUV with good handling for the most part. V8 gas mileage is a blended 15. Always has been hesitant off the line, but plenty of power once you are moving, great feel for a driver. Comfortable, well designed. Like the look, like the drive. Interior leather, wood appointments nice, luxury feel. For the money, this is a good luxury SUV, same new platform as Porsche Cayenne. Mechanically well built and doesn't wear out.

Piece of CRAP car

lesbeck, 08/29/2011

I would not recommend this car to anyone who is not a millionaire with money to burn and likes to have their car in the shop at least once a month. We bought this car brand new, zero miles on it and had to bring it into the shop within the first month. It was all downhill from there. Every mechanical piece on the car was replaced under warranty (which we extended to five years immediately) except for the motor, which I am sure would run forever while all the other peices of the car fall off all over the road. Sadly, I had to buy a back-up car so I had something reliable to go to work in and had to carry a battery for the key in my purse, because you never knew when the car would not unlock.

Touaregs are tops

Mike Bronkowski, 10/03/2007

The best vehicle I have ever owned. Great looking inside and out. You feel safe and secure inside it. A joy to drive. Great handling, perky engine and powerful drivetrain, solid construction, roomy interior (front seats) cozy seats and a smooth ride. Going to the gas pump often is offset by the car performance.

Overkill for USA

Love it Hate VW, 12/30/2009

Bought new in 05. Drove to work around DC area and on trips up an down the east coast. Hauled a boat trailer with great ease. This thing has torque! AWD is terrific in the snow. After 45000 miles the nav/radio would not turn off. Killed battery. VW replaced at 50,000 no charge but had to wait 6 weeks for the part!?! At 71000 mi noticed rough running intermittently. Dealer had to drop engine ($2500 P&L) and repair timing gear area (another $2500P&L) Serviced only by VW. Cannot guarantee repeat. If I had know of this possibility would not have bought it. VW has no idea how to address the luxury market. Loaner cars during warranty were trade ins not even VW!! VW America no help.

12345...40