Used 2005 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews

Used Touareg for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...40

Pros
Cons

Reliable German Quality

Matt, 05/15/2019
V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car is one of the classical and robust German "Gelandewagen" off-roaders and has a pleasant, time-less design. Required a couple of tune-ups, preferably by an independent car workshop that uses OEM parts and is knowledgeable with this type of vehicle. Dealership services are usually too expensive. Other than that, a fine car, safe and comfortable! Especially in snow conditions!

love it

love it, 11/12/2008

I bought my VW with 24000 and know I have 60000. I dove it from Texas to Chicago with no problems. It is a very expensive SUV to fix, but if you change your own oil, or buy your own parts it's way cheaper. Tires are the worst. I still can't find a place that to get them changed. They run from 700 to 2000 dollars.

Terrible Never Buy Again!!!

Amy, 03/28/2005

This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I would never buy a VW again. The electrical issues are overwhelming. With 3,218 miles I traded it on a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I lost a lot of money on the deal because of all the issues with the VW Touareg.

Beats the X5 and ML

HS, 06/26/2007

I have owned it for about 2 years with almost no problems; the maintenance is very affordable, about once a year for $120 ~ $180. It is fun to drive, beats the X5 and ML hands down. Great handling. The interior is really nice, almost as nice as the Cayenne. Some people say the gas mileage is not that great; I have to partially agree but keep in mind that this is an SUV with lots of horses under the hood. If you are looking for gas mileage then do not buy an SUV.

Too Many Problems

Chester M Schofield, 01/28/2005

Too many recalls. Electrical problems with tailgate and interior lighting, drive shaft and transmissions problems. Wood panel trim has cracked 2 times. Not enough power when you need it quickly. My vehicle has been in the shop for unscheduled maintenance 18 times and it only has 39,000 miles on it. VW Customer Service has been extremely uncooperative. It is simply the single worst vehicle I have ever owned and I have owned many. I never write to review vehicles but people need to be aware of what they are getting into when they purchased this vehicle. VW has a lot of work to do if they are going to stay in the midsize SUV market.

12345...40