Used 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Watch out
By sniper

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

if you like driving a truck and want to have fun driving on and offroad, give it a try. Handles like a cadillac. This is america's newest favorite truck for work or play.

The seamless flow of the interior.

Incorporate more storage under the rear seats.

YoYo
By tundraman

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

First Toyota that I've owned following a long line of chevys and fords. This truck is WAY better than any other I have ever owned in fit and finish, ride, reliability, and over all quality. With 325 lb ft of torque and 282 HP this baby shines!

Four overhead cams and 32 valves with VVTI!

NONE! Best truck I've ever owned. The new ones roll out in Feb and I hope they are as good as the one I have. If so, I'll be getting a new one!

Best full-size truck ever!!!!
By Dave

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Words can not convey how much I love my Tundra. It is by far the best full- size pickup on the road today. Sure it can't two a house but that's not a requirement of mine. For my use, it's perfect. Extremely comfortable, gets good mpg for a truck (avg 16.5 in city/hwy mix) and seats 5-6 very comfortably. It's absolutely the best. I test drove every full-size truck on the market and the Tundra bested them all when you look at everything you're getting.

Everything. Sliding rear window, size, comfort, rear audio system, sound system

Auto-locking doors, back-up sensor

Tundra Double Cab 4WD
By Garry Moore

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great running truck. First time I bought a "foreign" truck as I have been a FORD man since the 70's. Ford decided they didnt want to deal on their vehicles so I purchased a Tundra. Was looking at the Titan as well but since it was the first year i decided to pass. Thus far I am glad i did. Performance is excellent. Some ergonomic locations are not perfect such as window controls and windshield wiper location. Seems I always turn on the wipers when i turn right due to the location Excellent sound system as well. THANKS TOYOTA!

SUNROOF...I love the idea of the open top. Excellent JVC sound system.

Relocate the Wiper switch and the Power window buttons to behind the grab bar on the door.

Exactly what I expected
By nicetrk

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

sweet truck, no problems, and I have driven it 21,500 miles in 11 months! I not only tow, but also use my tundra as a 20k year commuter. I am getting 19-20 mpg hwy, 15-16 town, 9-12 towing. There isn't a rattle or squeak anywhere, love the power, radio, smooth ride, and handles better than anything from detroit. I can put 4 clients in it and feel proud, then tow all the toys. If Lexus made a truck, this would be it.

Reliability, build quality, audio, back cab window goes down, smooth ride, comfortable interior.

Put gear shift in center console. Offer the 17" rims and BF tires with TRD package.