Used 2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Tacoma for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Access cab, AC, Speedctrl etc package..

calletacoma, 07/05/2013

Our first truck got it through a local car dealer as I traded in my VW 2.0 T Lemon (self disintegrating POS). Our Tacoma is fantastic with it's instant heat / AC. "Only" 159 HP, sure but it's 2.7 L engine produce plenty of torque. Mixed mpg was 21, which is great on a 2010 with 35K miles. Engine compartment looked in mint condition and the rest of the body had a few small dents / scratches. I'm keeping this car and adding a dew upgrades to it..

My 3rd Toyota truck...

MikelJay, 12/20/2009

I love my Tacoma. This is my 3rd Toyota truck. The '10 Tacoma carries on the tradition of great build quality and reliability. This is one of the quietest trucks I've owned. The 4 cylinder/auto tranny is very responsive, pulls well and builds speed quickly. The interior is very comfortable and quiet. Although I've had the truck for 2 weeks now, the fuel mileage seems to be getting better as it gets broken in. Averaging 25 combined city/highway miles per gallon, and I expect it will only get better as it gets broken in.

Buying ANOTHER

ricoman, 05/07/2018
V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Owned my 2010 Tacoma 4x4 Off Road since new in Nov. 2009...was a second vehicle,so only had 63K on it when I sold.Its been the best reliable vehicle I've ever owned,and besides changing the oil,only repair I ever had done was the AIR went out on it and I replaced the entire system at a cost of appx. $1400...Truck was never used Off-Road,so the off-road package was overkill for me,and will be buying a 2019 Sport instead of the Off Road.Its also been the best resale value of any vehicle I've owned...IF..you sell yourself...as with all types of car dealers,they really try to screw you,but with this toyota,they were the worst......You buy a Toyota for high resale value,yet they still try and tell you its not worth much...in my case 1/2 what I paid for it...and my truck was MINT....their offer was $14-$15K...HAHAHAHA.....I sold it in 1 day to first buyer for $22,750!!So...bottom line....yes..but the Tacoma...its a great truck....but dont deal with the dealers if your selling one..!!

Owned many Toyota's but this is my last!

jscott418, 12/27/2010

I decided to lease my Toyota and had all kinds of trouble with the dealer. It took 4 months to get plates, they messed up paper work and had to redo. They did not notify me of this. So its not been good. So now for the truck, its a DOG plain and simple. The 4 Cylinder engine has 30 less HP then my wife's RAV 4 which has a smaller 4 Cyl? The 4 speed trans is awful and when its in overdrive which happens way too soon I get a vibration because the RPM's are so low and the engine lugs. Who ever mated this engine with the transmission and programed it does not drive it! I have had trouble with a whine from the trans too but have not been to a dealer yet.

Why so different?

sweetjustice57, 08/30/2013

I have 2 2010 Tacoma 4x4's one is a 4 door sr5 and the other is an access cab with the trd package. The 4 door is very quiet and is a great truck, My truck with the trd package has so much road noise that I can't use a blue tooth devise. We bought the 4 door first brand new and we bought the trd used with 8,000 miles on it, I can't believe the difference in these to trucks for basically being the same vehicle, I am not happy with the trd truck although it runs good and no issues mechanically, just way to much road noise.

Envy of the Truck World

Bruce, 04/12/2010

I currently own four Toyotas, the experience i have had with this TRD packaged truck is the same boring run forever, well made, reliable, blah, blah, blah, that all my Toys have provided me. This truck has truly been a pleasure to drive, always starts up on the first revolutions, i could not find one exterior flaw, not one undercarriage flaw, composite bed is something that all trucks should have by now. The V6 provides an enormous amount of power while giving 20-20.7 miles to gallon when driven sensibly. Other truck owners have the look of "why didn't i spend the extra money" as they stare at my Barcelona Red TRD. Toyota even provides 2 years of free oil/filter, etc changes. No regrets.

Taco

Warren Sparrow, 06/11/2016
V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck for light hauling and towing,, good in snow up to about a foot

Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab

BlueTacoMan, 11/14/2009

Performance: Performance and handling is great. Has plenty of power. Driving the mountain pass had no problem passing the big rigs even towing. 4x4 handled the snow well. The electronic transfer to 4x4 is smooth. Interior: Quality throughout. TRD seating is very comfortable. AUX jack is a bit awkward in placement as the flap that covers it gets in the way. The sub woofer is a plus. B/U camera would be nice to be able to use when not in reverse. Exterior: The TRD Sport comes with a stylish hood scoop. The 17" TRD wheels and tires are stylish and handle well, especially in the snow. The composite bed is a plus as you don't need a bed liner, but is slick so cargo tends to shift and slide.

Great Truck

Dave, 11/15/2009

It has been a great truck so far. Bought the TRD Sport version. Rides great and looks great.

I'm a TACO man !

Sasquatch, 03/26/2010

Just purchased my 2010 Taco' (Pre- Runner V6 SR5 auto) with the TRD off- road package in Pyrite Mica. I love, love, love this truck. Added the bull bar, chrome accents to mirrors, door handles, front and rear taillights, and a tool box. The first two tanks of gas averaged right at 20 mpg. Not sure why some of the other posts here do so poorly on mileage. I am not a lead foot, that probably helps! I would recommend this truck to anyone. It's perfect size and does whatever I need it to do, and with style!

51050