Used 2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews

$9,391

Used Tacoma for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Fast and Roomy

SOHAIL, 10/12/2009

I've had my Tacoma for few weeks now and it's faster and more comfortable then any other mid size truck I've owned. I have lots of off-road features to play with. The interior of the truck is not cheap quality as most new vehicles these days. Toyota is always on TOP of quality and reliability.

Best Mid Size Truck

BEST TRUCK, 10/18/2009

I've owned many trucks but new 2010 TACOMA stands out in every way. I shouldn't have to say that TACOMA is one of the most reliable and comfortable drive. These trucks run forever and require little maintenance. It's a great family truck for me.

Tow Package

Toyota Buyer, 11/02/2009

I purchased a 2010 Tacoma with a tow package as an option. The cost of the package was approximately 500+ dollars. Much to my surprise the package was lacking a tongue to hook up a trailer. Without the tongue the hitch is a useless piece of steel. Buyer beware Toyota is going cheap.

Toyota Tacoma Access

Harold Hatcher, 11/24/2009

I took delivery on a speed wagon blue V6, auto. SR5, access cab Tacoma pick- up. This is my second in 3 years. Obviously I think they are a good product and depreciation is low. I have had no reliability problems. Comfort and performance are excellent. I have found that gas mileage is very close to EPA sticker I love the back-up camera, traction control and side air bags. My wishes: a more adjustable driver seat, a smaller "A" pillar (blind spot drivers side) and a dash light that tells you if the parking lights are on. I am satisfied.

TRD Off-Road

Richard, 12/22/2009

Best bang for your buck in the truck world. The 6-speed transmission is pretty much flawless. TRD Suspension is very compliant for a daily driver. Tires aren't the best but that is personal preference. There is a reason the taco is the best selling truck.

First Truck

David , 01/19/2010

This is the first truck I've owned, but I've always liked the looked of the Tacoma and trusted the reliability of Toyota. Due to a limited selection, I got the sport package and tow package which was more than I needed, but the truck has a beefy look. It rides well for a small truck and the 6M is fun to drive. I've only had the truck for about a month and haven't made any road trips, but as a daily commuter it is comfortable. I got the extended cab for the additional access, but like the other reviewer, I agree that the space would only work for a kid; however, its fine for small tools, groceries, etc. I considered the Nissan Frontier but I liked the and feel of the Toyota better.

Good Truck

Dustyrider, 02/05/2010

Traded a 2009 Toyota reg cab 4 cyl automatic for this truck. Pulled a motorcycle on a trailer 1000 miles and decided I needed the 6 cyl auto instead. This new truck is much nicer and better equipped than the '09. The fuel economy is not what I expected (17 MPG so far), but it may get better as it breaks in. The cab is nosier on the access cab than the reg cab was, probably the extra doors. The Prerunner package makes it sit about 3 or 4 inches higher than the 09, and I feel that the seat will wear quicker from getting in and out. I like the buckets and the rest of the interior features better than the base truck, and hope the mileage improves as it gets some miles on it.

Second Toyota I'm owned

Callie, 05/13/2010

Design changes with respect to my 2003 Toyota are great. The opposing rear doors to load items behind the seats is an excellent change. The tilt/telescoping steering wheel is not well engineered. I'm 6"4" and the steering wheel will not rise as high as my 2003 and my legs hit the steering when when I get into the driver's set. The other item that needs re-engineering is the overhead display of the temp/compass. It is dimmer than the clock and can't been seen during daylight driving very well. The gas tank door is another item that needs changing. My 2003 had a saw tooth device to attach the gas cap while fueling. The 2010 has nothing to hold the gas cap. Overall, I am well satisfied.

Good Truck, No Issues

Dustin R, 06/01/2010

After the purchase I installed a Flowmaster Muffler, this helped to improve my feelings towards a 4 cylinder 4x4. Currently, I have over 4,000 miles logged and no complaints thus far. It is a far better truck than the competition, and it was made in California! I did not think I would buy a Toyota, with the economic issues but it has been well worth it. I recommend the SR5 package, it has a lot for the money, although the stock wheels and tires are horrible. Although most stock tires usually are not the best, I expected better. Overall, this truck is worth the money, no matter what the media says.

1st time Tacoma owner

Taclover, 07/30/2010

I really love this truck. I was looking for a truck that would last me at least 10 yrs and get good mileage. I love the box and suicide doors. The SR5 package is worth the money.

51050