Used 2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews

$9,391

Used Tacoma for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Taco

Warren Sparrow, 06/11/2016
V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck for light hauling and towing,, good in snow up to about a foot

I'm a TACO man !

Sasquatch, 03/26/2010

Just purchased my 2010 Taco' (Pre- Runner V6 SR5 auto) with the TRD off- road package in Pyrite Mica. I love, love, love this truck. Added the bull bar, chrome accents to mirrors, door handles, front and rear taillights, and a tool box. The first two tanks of gas averaged right at 20 mpg. Not sure why some of the other posts here do so poorly on mileage. I am not a lead foot, that probably helps! I would recommend this truck to anyone. It's perfect size and does whatever I need it to do, and with style!

No change really from the 05

PatB, 03/22/2010

This is my second Tacoma after having an 05. This one has a quieter engine, and I like the USB audio port. Biggest surprise is Toyota made very few changes after 5 years! Mileage is still low but reliability is high. It is a workhorse. Nissan comes somewhat close and Honda just has that overstuffed Ridgeline so Tacoma is a solid midsized choice.

Very Uncomfortable

James, 05/09/2010

I like the styling, performance, quality of build. However, the seats are very uncomfortable! They make your back hurt if you drive for any distance. I even had the cloth seat covers replaced w/ leather. It did not help. I am seriously thinking about trading this vehicle for something else. I have never thought about getting rid of a new vehicle! Stock stereo system and speakers are WEAK! I replaced them.

2010 Tacoma

Don, 06/04/2010

I purchased my new Tacoma with high hopes that it would match up to my old 1992 SR5 Toyota truck. I am very disappointed to say that it does not. The steering wheel does not angle high enough to get out of the way of my knee when I shift. Come-on Toyota. The center console storage compartment should lift back, not to the side. I already had to replace my passenger side seat belt because it was torn. The gas mileage is horrible for a manual,(15-16). The engine is loud above 2300 rpm. The engine does not throttle down fast enough when you shift so you get this horrible whining each time you shift gears. I had much more storage in the cab with my 1992 Toyota. 250K with this truck. Not a chance

build mistakes

rmulder, 02/05/2012

the tacoma is an awsome truck with a few small but, painfull errors 1: the ABS and traction contol is too overwhelming(its the reason i lost my first truck.)2: the heater motors have issues and why cant the trucks heater and A/C work better, i can drive for 2 hours on full A/C and im still sweating.3: the rear shocks piled up on me on the last cold snap and now my truck is like an old suburban and never stops bouncing and the rear springs squeak everytime my truck moves.4: there is also a nice leak coming out from inbetween the tranny and motor. its all nagging me and getting old!!!! kind of sucky for 22000 KM.

My 2010 Toyota Tacoma, best pick-up truck I ever own........

2lolo, 03/09/2011

In my life time I own many trucks from Chevy, Ford etc. When I was a young kid when gas was $.89 a gal.

Toyota Tacoma 2010 Bought New

blipnick, 06/07/2012

Problems: - Uncomfortable Seats - Uneven Pedals (clutch pedal is higher than the others) , foot is trapped between top of clutch pedal and underside of dash when releasing clutch (wearing workboots, 6 Ft. tall driver) - Stereo system is weak. Use of Aux. input requires turning volume up full. - Gas mileage is poor (25 MPG highway). - Stock rims rusting after 6 months. - 4 wheel drive switch not illuminated. - Requires multiple turn overs to start.

Toyota 2 Dr Access Cab 4x4

Ben P, 01/12/2010

This is my 1st truck and I bought it because of the reputation. I should've gotten more features in the truck like remote mirrors, cruise etc. because once you spend that kind of money you feel like you should have more comfort and luxuries. I'm a little disappointed on the gas mileage so far and how toyota "cheaped out" on some thing like the 4 wheel drive switch doesn't illuminate in the dark so you have to put the light on to locate it or the 1 CD player, seems like everyone else gives a better stereo system these days and at least cruise control?? Seems like they just give the "basics" and make you pay through the nose for any additional features.

Perfect Truck

SOHAIL, 10/05/2009

I've had this truck some 1 week now and I've been driving around to get used to is. This is my first truck. I love the quality interior and how quiet this truck is. My truck is TRD off road package and there are tons of offroad features in this package. Everyone keeps telling me how reliable Toyotas are. So far I have good experience with this.

51050