Used 2001 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

227,000 Miles And ZERO Repairs
By A.S.

2001 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this truck for 5 years now. I bought it from the original owner with 204,000 miles and it has been flawless. It took me a long time to find a Tacoma because of the rust issues with the frame, but I found mine with absolutely no rust on it. If you can find one in good shape it will last forever! It still runs and shifts great; I just drove it 5 hours nonstop with no hiccups an got 23 mpg on that trip! I would drive this truck across the country tomorrow! All you have to do is keep up on the maintenance. I just did the brakes all around, tires, and I will be replacing the struts and shocks soon. My Tacoma even has the original timing belt. It is a non-interference engine, so if the belt snaps nothing happens, it just can't be driven. I have free towing, so if it ever breaks I'll just have it towed to my mechanic. After 227,000 miles the seats still are in excellent condition. The seat foam is still in it's shape and the fabric super sturdy. The crazy thing is after 5 years of ownership I can sell my truck for about the same price I paid.

Does not get better than this.
By Sean Dias

2001 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Absolutely the best vehicle I’ve ever owned. No problems, at all! Turn the key, always starts, always. Never even close to being stranded. Easy to work on, maintainence is easy. The only downside is the timing belt every 90kmiles. Hands down, 100% satisfied.

2001 v6 4x4 extra cab 388k
By Gigi

2001 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Best truck ever. Just replaced clutch at 387k.

Trouble Filling Gas Tank
By chris335

2001 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner 2WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the truck since it was new 2001.It's been a very reliable truck.The problem I've been having recently is that when I go to put gas in the pump keeps cutting off.Takes forever get a few dollars in.I've heard it may be the charcoal canister.Anybody have any answers on this?

update for 2001 Tacoma xcab 4x4 auto v6 sr5 trd
By cst010

2001 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

300,056 miles and still going. Exterior and interior starting to show it's age and looking a little rusty and worn. Truck has sat outside it's entire life. Had the frame coated under recall but I did not have the frame rust problems others have reported. Gas milage has gone down. Getting about 15 city and maybe 20 highway. Still no major issues or problems Thought about trading in for 2012 model but I really don't care for the larger size of the new Tacoma's. Hope to get another 100k out of this one.