Used 2012 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Toyota dealer doesn't care about customer safety.
By D Kenny

2012 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

While I really like this car, but one of the problems I have had reoccur is with the drivers seat. A local Toyota dealer repaired it once and recognized the Toyota Factory extended warranty, which covered the repair and paid for a rental car. A couple of years later, the problem returned and I took it back to the same dealer. Still under warranty I explained that the car was unsafe to drive because the drivers seat would fall unexpectedly, which they agreed was a safety issue, they told me to bring the car back to be diagnosed, at which point they would probably have to order parts for the repair. After the parts came in, bring the car back in and they would provide me with another car to drive, so in the meantime, just keep driving an unsafe vehicle. WHAT? Are you serious? I am surprised that Toyota would allow a dealer to use their good name with such little regard to customer safety. This is not the Toyota that I once knew who cared for their customers. Sad

Best Catch
By Leon Kilpatrick

2012 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car I have ever owned. It is easy and very comfortable to drive and ride in the city and on the highway. My four grandchildren loves to ride in it anywhere it is so comfortable for them. I have a fourteen year old that says that is the car she wants. My wife likes it so much she wants a new Toyota Highlander to take the place of it. I had all kinds cars for the thirty three years I had was on the road and none of them came close to this 2012 Toyota Highlander Limited. GO TOYOTA!

Great family SUV, poor fuel economy
By Robert Ancona

2012 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Has third row seating and can seat 7 adequately if not comfortably. Fuel economy poor, at lower end for this type vehicle; however, uses regular gas. General performance more than adequate as is acceleration. Have owed two different Highlanders and covering for roof rack support has come off on both. Just cosmetic, but repair requires pre ordering a part and over $150installation(which seems excessive). Maintenance frequency and costs about average for an SUV. Overall, we have been pleased with the vehicle.

2012 Highlander Reliable Hauler
By bjruth@swbell.net

2012 Toyota Highlander SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had this vehicle for almost 6 years. Other than tires, filters, and oil changes everything is original. We have had zero maintenance issues. Daily around town hauler with plenty of adaptable room for people and cargo. Still looks like new with no appearance issues or rattles. Comfortable ride. Only thing I would do would be to firm up the steering

plain vanilla 2012 Toyota Highlander
By CARL HAMMOND

2012 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I sold it because I want/need the latest driver assistance features like a great back up camera, blind spot warning, assistive cruise control etc. this does not have any of that. However, it is a great car.!!