Skip to main content
$39,555

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Simply Amazing!!!

Sully Lang, 04/18/2022
XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased this 2022 Highlander after my Avalanche was totaled from an incident on icy roads. I really wanted better gas mileage, and used vehicles prices were stupid high because of the current economic circus. We've taken the truck on two extended road trips (300 miles, and 1000 miles round trip). During both road trips the truck averaged 34 MPG or better. On the 300 mile trip I was driving through ice and snow from Michigan to Indiana in February. Any other vehicle and mileage would have suffered greatly, but not the Highlander Hybrid. It performed flawlessly. It has been very comfortable on both short and long trips, and all the accessories seem work perfectly. The Softex (vegan leather) seats are really nice as well. This truck was the perfect replacement for the Avalanche except for only having a 3500lb tow rating. Since I don't have anything heavy to tow, it's fine for now. I am always able to achieve about 34 or 35 mpg when I drive, but my lead foot wife can't seem to manage better then 32 or 33 (LOL). I see a lot of posts about noise in the highlander, and that just isn't the case with mine. Smooth and quiet most of the time. The exception is when accelerating strongly. It roars a bit loudly, like a sports car should, but not and SUV. Once up to speed in cruise control, it's quiet. I'm not a big fan of the Lane centering program. Mostly because it veers a bit when the painted lines disappear at off ramps and such. Sometimes it seems to swing left and right before finding itself. 95% of the time it works just fine. Overall this is the finest vehicle I've ever owned, and I feel lucky to have been able to buy it on short notice after my other vehicle was totaled. Most dealerships had almost no inventory. Vehicles on their web pages were mostly in transit.

Pleasantly surprising gas consumption

Ed von Kopp, 04/12/2022
Platinum 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Own my new 2022 Toyota Highlander Hybrid for over a month now. Really impressed with how little gas it takes for such big SUV. Everything is good except cargo space/trunk, which is too small and too high. Got it brand new Highlander Platinum 2022 over a month ago. There are several pros and cons: PROS: - great gas mileage. On colder days the average was 7.2 L/100 km, (yes, I am from BC, Canada); on warmer days sometimes I got 6.0 L/100 km - very quiet when in electric or semi-electric mode - nice sound - heads-up display (the most loved feature by me!) - lots more! CONS: - cheap plastic for the rear doors. Really cheap for such expensive vehicle - raving engine when accelerating on highways + gas consumption goes very high - poor location/design of rear camera. Due to water buildup on rainy days I could barely see what is behind my SUV. Poor visibility/low resolution at night. - stupid design/location of wireless phone charger

I love this SUV!

Billy V, 04/22/2022
XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This SUV has met all of my expectations. It is very comfortable, and spacious. I truly don’t miss the V-6 at all. My overall gas mileage is averaging 33.5 mpg, not quite the 35, but, I do live in a hilly area and this will effect the overall mpg if you don’t do a lot of highway driving. I highly recommend that buyers utilize the adaptive cruise control whenever possible, even for short trips. This helps maximize fuel efficiency. Again, I highly, highly recommend this SU for all. Happy travels!!

5 out of 5 stars

A great vehicle when oil prices are high.

gopala, 03/15/2022
XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We got the highlander hybrid on March 7. That is the time when gas prices are above 4.00. Took it for a 400-mile drive to NYC. The car is quite nice, the first two rows are definitely quite spacious. The touch screen is very good and the controls are also very good. It can go quite fast up to 90 MPH. After that, it is not that comfortable. Acceleration is good but you have to plan when you overtake a vehicle. The top attraction for this vehicle is the gas mileage. It gave me 33 mpg on the round trip to NYC and I am quite sure that it will give 35 MPG soon. In these times that is exceptional.

My new Highlander Hybrid

Happy driver, 12/27/2021
XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am very happy with my new Toyota Highlander Hybrid. It is comfortable, has fantastic gas mileage, and is well designed with the following relatively minor exceptions. Although the rear cargo space is very good, the rear window cannot open, therefore not allowing tall cargo loads such as a ladder, small trees, or pieces of lumber to hang out the back. The accessory roof rack is poorly designed, in so far as the two horizontal struts are too close to each other, and also there are no tie-down features along the sides. So, for example, a Christmas tree cannot be securely attached to the roof rack without also running a cord through the slightly opened rear windows. But all in all, I do not regret my purchase!