Used 2004 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

Used Avalon for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...24

Pros
Cons

Our Avalon

Kira, 01/21/2004

Well guys, so far this car is excellent! Very roomy and comfy. Performance is great, I cannot say excellent though. Motor is smooth as silk as well as shifting. My one complaint is the doors ding EXTREMELY EASY! I have had to have two taken out already. Im not sure if its the metal used(thickness) or the placement of the molding? I am very displeased with this problem though. Other then that no complaints at all.

Not what they used to be

Bill Martin, 03/15/2006

I must say I am very disappointed in this car. I know the service writer on a personal basis. A transmission at 15,000, 2 power window motors, an engine computer, and waterpump at 19,000. That is plain out bad engineering.

a few upgrades

T J, 10/09/2003

Really nice, get all the options and make it look sporty ie; chrome mags, mud flaps, rear spoiler, nose wrap, rain guards,front hod scoop, auto start, then it will be complete and not your ave toyota-if u got the $ & cents.

Worst car I ever owned

Juwel, 06/05/2010

Bought the vehicle new at the end of 2004-after a half year shaking and 'unsmooth' operation of the steering. Dealer found no problems. Several alignments and different sets of tires showed some improvement, but still not what you expect from a top of the line Toyota. From approx. 20k on rattling and noises from different interior parts... Now after approximately 50k the crank shaft pulleys broke (another $2k was quoted to fix this issue). In short: I bought this car since I had such positive experience with my 1990 Toyota Pick-up (now over 260k miles) and almost no repairs. However my Avalon is from a different breed: Lots of expensive repairs combined with a minimum of enjoyment.

Toyota Avalon xls

Robert Steele, 04/26/2004

Second Avalon I have owned. First one in 1996 was quality. The 2004 model, is very poor quality. They are making the car cheaply, and poorly. The car is smoking like crazy with only 4,000 miles. With 4 trips to the dealership, they say they can't find any problem. I call smoke on a new $32,000.00 dollar car a problem. Lots of road noise, the front seat does not support your legs. The instruments reflect in the windshield. The radio is full of static, after spending 5 trips to the dealership, they say there is nothing they can do. On a $32,000.00 dollar car, give me a break. Buyer BEWARE

12345...24