Used 2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Grand Vitara for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Suzuki Grand Vitara

txk209, 09/08/2005
EX Rwd 4dr SUV w/ABS (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Grand Vitara. As of today, 9/7/05, it has no problems other than a minor one with the CD player. I will go back to dealer and have them to fix the CD changer. This is an excellent little SUV to keep if you tend to keep the car 6 years or longer. Its fuel enconomy is about 19.50 ~ 21.88 mpg in my area. Mine is a great color (I have the blue bi-tone). I suggest using Mobile 1 sythetic oil for motor oil, differential and automatic transmission for long lasting lift of vehicle.

Very bad experience

chris, 08/03/2005
LX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the vehicle a few months ago and had nothing but problems with it. Engine smoked twice, brought it to the dealership and they supposeably fixed problem..master cylinder. Engine caught on fire a few nights ago and doors automatically locked myself and passenger inside. Horrible experience, we're okay but truck was destroyed by fire. Suspected defective parts in engine. I wouldn't recommend this truck. Also the trim work kept falling off, was replaced twice. Glued on numerous times.

One great car!

Ginny, 03/14/2006
LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I had a 1991 Suzuki Sidekick for years and loved it. When I went for a new car in 2005, I knew exactly what I would purchase. This car drives like a dream and is extremely comfortable.

Suzuki stands beind their cars.

MK, 07/23/2005
LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Vitara & I think they are great. You get the features you need from an SUV, without having to break your bank. Became a repeat Suzuki customer because of their corporate integrity. Had big problem with 1st Vitara-was out of town & timing chain broke. Had to be towed to nearest Suzuki dealer. Was told by their mechanics that this shouldn't happen. Put in a call to Suzuki & even though it was out of warranty/over mileage - they had it fixed at NO cost to me! The owner of dealership was amazed, he had just started selling Suzukis, but had been owned auto mall for 30 yrs. Told me that he had never seen a manufacturer stand behind their products like this! Value & integrity!