Used 2006 Subaru Outback Wagon Consumer Reviews

Used Outback for Sale
Select your model:
12345...22

Pros
Cons

Liked my old one better

Nancy, 10/15/2007
2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My 2006 Outback is the second one that I have purchased. I bought it sight unseen based upon my satisfaction with my 2000 Outback. My 2000 & I were in a near fatal road rage accident where I was forced off the road & hit a telephone pole head on at 50 MPH. I survived with very minor injuries but alas, the car did not. I really loved my 2000 Outback. I can't say the same about my 2006. As soon as I sat in it,I knew it was not the same vehicle. The seats were less comfortable, acceleration was not as good, the side view mirrors have huge blindspots due to the redesign. The windows whistle, The body is less sturdy, the glove box too small,cheap cup holders, donut tire, basically made cheaper.

A superior fast touring car

Hans Harald, 06/01/2009
3.0 R 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Am 70 years old now, owned some very nice and powerful cars during my life, this one is the most satisfying of them all, by far, especially after replacing the OEM Yokohamas with Michelins (see below under "suggested improvements"), which actually make the car do what I am waxing about in this review!

Only time I've bought a 3rd one.

Jon C., 10/16/2005
3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Compared to other SUV's I tried, this one is the only one that didn't handle like a truck (compared to Ford Explorer, Nissan Xterra, etc.) and didn't get buffeted around in the wind. This is the 3rd one I've owned and it is still the best snow car I've ever driven (I ski and regularly go into snow country). It also quite adequately tows my boat. My only gripe is that the current model's "sport automatic" drive is not as smooth as my last one (2002).

It's like a cockroach - it's almost indestructible

sherry32, 01/24/2013
2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My 2006 Outback Wagon has over 132,000 miles on it, and has been completely trouble free for 7 years. It drives no differently than it did when it was new. I'd actually kind of like a new car, but it's hard to justify the expense when this one is paid for and is so reliable.

Solid Car

matt, 12/12/2005
3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Subaru. It has a very solid feel to it, which I like. The interior is comfortable, and the sunroof is a thing of beauty. I love to bounce it around on rutted old roads while going fishing, and love how it handles in the snow and ice. I've always owned slightly larger cars, so it takes a bit of getting used to the size. The transmission is the only blemish I can mention. Going uphill it tends to never find its groove, keeps shifting up and down and up and down. Also it seems it takes the tranny a bit to warm up on cool mornings, it might try a clumsy double shift while accelerating out of the driveway.

12345...22