Used 2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews - 151 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Not bad for the price
By Albert

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first Subaru having had Hondas and Toyatas. I decided on this because of the AWD capability. Initially, the acceleration was painful given my experience with Honda and Toyota but after about 3K miles (I now have about 5K on it) it seems not to be a problem and Ok for the Chicago ways. I'm getting about 28-30 miles/gallon for a 30 miles drive to work which is about 1/2 traffic jam. The inside is spacious, blue tooth and home link work well but some of the inside seams seems to come off easily. People admired the outside design so much and they're shock to learn I didn't pay anywhere near Audi/Lexus/Accura/Nissan Maxima. I'm waiting to see how it fares in the Winter

exterior design, inside equipment, fuel economy, the price compared to other vehicles in its class.

folding mirrors with signal light would have been great. The open door light does not indicate which specific door is opened. Dealers for servicing are somewhat far to find

I finally "get" the Subaru commercials..
By Kat

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Wow. After spending MONTHS test driving and flipping back and forth between the Honda Accord EX-L & Toyota Camry, I decided that I wasn't really in love with either of them and looked for something "more". I definitely found it in my Subaru GT. All the options... leather, sunroof, turbo, bluetooth, etc. plus Subaru safety & reliability. Tons of leg room in the front AND back, and interior quality is outstanding. The leather is better quality than our Acura! Trunk is large, but the opening is narrow... getting our stroller in & out can be tricky.

Leather interior, bluetooth, turbo (zoom!)

Automatic passenger window, widen trunk opening, make satellite radio and spoiler standard

Nice Car but burns oil-expensive service
7 of 143,255 people found this review helpful
By Daniel

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Subaru. I have already put 30,000 miles on it in 7 months. It actually surprised me with averaging 28-30 mpg on the highway. Negative is the service-burns about a quart and a half of oil every 4000 miles, dealer said it is normal to burn up to 1 quart per 1K miles. Book says you can change oil every 7000 miles, but you will be out of it. Free service for first 24,000 miles, but only according to book, so I had to pay for the extra oil changes. Service intervals actually are more expensive than the Acura I traded for it. Overall, I like it, but it is costing a lot more money to run than the dealer led me to think when I bought it. I probably won't buy another.

First Subbie
By R A N

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I went in initially looking to purchase a 2005 Legacy but felt to cramped. Saw the redesigned 2010 & took it for a drive. The space is great, front and rear (coming from a Honda Civic Coupe). Looks great from the front, so-so from the rear. Smooth handling on most surfaces, but stimulus money can only make so many roads perfect. Acceleration is to be expected with a 4cyl AWD vehicle & passing ability is adequate. With 13,500 on the clock I've yet to have any of the pulling/shaking issues described in other reviews. I have experienced the shifting "clunk" sound a couple times, though it is always when parked on an incline. Overall I'm pleased with my purchase & would recommend it to anyone.

AWD - Got my Legacy in Dec 2009 and we got 14" of snow the next couple weeks. Cold Weather Package, living in WI its nice to have heated cloth seats. CVT with Paddle shifters, nice for a little change when feeling "spirited" to let the engine breath.

17" Wheels standard, the 16s just don't fill the wheel wells right. 18" upgrade coming in the future. Taillight redesign, only part of vehicle that does not stand out.

My first Subaru
By eric

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my first Subaru because I wanted a reliable car, good gas mileage, and all wheel drive. I don't really know how reliable it is because I've only had it a year. I got all that with this car except for a clunking noise thats coming from the brakes when you first start the car after its been sitting a while. I step on the brakes and it sounds like the calipers are stiff when they squeeze the brake pads.

Leather Interior, radio, comfort, design, trunk space and interior room is great. I've taken it on a few 3 hour drives and they were very enjoyable.

The problem I have is there is a loud clunking noise coming from the brakes when I first start the car in the morning. The brakes make a lot of strange noises but then it stops after a few minutes. Dealer checked 2 times and "found nothing" please let me know if anyone has had the same problem!