Used 2010 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews - 149 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Subaru Legacy

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Legacy Limited
By Ray

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have had the vehicle only a couple of months now, but I am very happy with its overall quality, style, economy and reliability. Previously owned a Forester which was as reliable as the sunset. Expect similar results with this.

Love the interior features and appointments: leather, HK sound system,CVT with manual option,trip odometer,thermometer, etc. Of course the AWD is a boon, especially for us living in snow country.

Being a thrifty sort, I am always looking for improved mileage, although it's doing a pretty good job of that.

Initial impressions
By marvinlee

2010 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is an initial review at 104 miles of use. The car rides well, dealer prep was poor--the compass-mirror was not set to this region and tires were badly over-inflated. The dealer also failed to prevent this factory ordered car from being unnecessarily driven by dealership employees. Perhaps that is why it now has a slight piston slap in one cylinder. The manual explicitly states not to exceed 4000 RPM before 1000 miles. The H-K music system is excellent. The steering wheel tilt-telescope control is awkwardly positioned. Body gaps are larger than the car being replaced. The white paint appearance is excellent.

Superb head room, fine paint quality (white), six-disc player, quiet door closure, large fold-down back seat opening, didn't have to accept a sunroof with the premium Limited model.

Six or seven speed automatic, quieter gears, folding side mirrors, smaller body gaps, less tire noise, make light colored interior available with the optional light blue exterior paint color. Reorganize and simplify owner's manual. Use a prettier steering wheel. Add speed-volume control to audio.

My first new car
By easypar

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've put 3800 miles on mine in 4 months, a fair amount of that on the highway, and I've been pretty impressed. We've had an above average year for snow and the AWD has performed as advertised. I considered BMW and Infinity before settling on the Legacy, I just could not justify that high price for a car. I felt the Subie offered excellent value for the price paid. My wife was concerned that due to my history with bigger, torqueier engines that I might feel this one was underpowered but experience has not borne that out. I chose the black exterior because I hadn't owned a black car in 25 years and think they look nice WHEN CLEAN.

The CVT is an improvement over the older automatic and it smooths the ride and improves the mileage. The leather interior is pretty nice for this price range of car, we'll see how it holds up long term. Cruise control and others on steering wheel.

"Breakaway" side mirrors. Electric power steering pump.

Adaptor
By JIM

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my legacy the driving is fun and I hope it lasts me for years to come, the only problem I have is the adapters are blowing the fuses on my car - you can't plug in a gps or phone charger adapter. It blows the fuse they need an adapter that can take more power like the Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet. They are behind in that technology part. I was told it was very sensitive by the dealer after I bought the car.

I like it
By bmitchel

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Went to the dealership looking to get a 2009 and fell in love with 2010. I am not a small guy over 6'2 and the car has enough room for me to comfortably drive and have a standard adult sitting behind me. I live in New England and AWD is a must. For the features and price there is no car like it on the market. My only issue is that if I don't have the key on me I have to go to the front seat to open the trunk. Most cars have some mechanism that if the doors are unlocked you can open the trunk

HK Stereo, Paddle Shifters, interior room

Folding mirrors with directional indication, streaming bluetooth standard without navigation. Trunk release on trunk