2018 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Love my Subaru!!
By JB

2018 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first Subaru and I LOVE IT!! I've owned other vehicles with no problems, well, except a Chevy. This Subaru made me feel very, very safe during a snow storm this past winter with only all season tires!!!! I usually have no issues in winter and always get home without problems, but I've always worried the entire time. Not sure why, but I did. With this car, it was the first time I've ever driven in a Snowstorm without worrying. It cut through the snow and had great traction!! I get an amazing 34mpg with my AWD Subaru!! I anticipated 30, but not 34!! Highest mpg was 36 and lowest was 31. Very impressive!! I'm a part time real estate agent and also work full-time elsewhere. My minium drive per day to my regular job is 58 miles. I put 300 miles per week on for real estate and this is much better than anticipated!! It goes up the hills without any problems!! The cargo size is quite large as well!! My 2 labs fit in the back with no issues!! It handles curves great!! The comfort is comparable with other vehicles. I'm sure a higher priced car would be more comfortable. I have no issues with this cars comfort!! It's also very roomy in back seat and front!! I also put my kayaks on top. I bought a very inexpensive roof rack for the side rails from Amazon for only $100 and are equivalent to a Thule. I'm EXTREMELY happy with my Subaru! I think Subaru is going to be the car I stick with from now on!!

All this car needs is a turbo and a good 6 speed
By Andy S

2018 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Ive been leasing this car for 6 months, 4500 miles and been on a 900 mile trip, highway driving and city driving. I feel this has prepared me to say that this is one of the worst cars Ive leased. My previous car was a 2012 VW GTI 4 door and i just wanted to have AWD and a larger boot to haul more of my tools and things. First off, Subaru claims 27 city and 37 hwy. I hope they have changed that. its more like 20 city and 33 hwy. Combined fuel economy has been in the 25-26 range. The power is... there IS NO POWER. 152hp??? With a CVT trans? You have to really think about and plan your travels home if you take busy roads, need to change lanes, and sit in traffic at all. There is no get up and go. Add a turbo and a 6 speed auto trans and this will solve both of these issues. The lack of horsepower makes you mash the gas just to merge. And you still go nowhere. its so frustrating. If you make a right hand turn out of a stop sign and you think you can make it, you can not. Not without angering the person youre pulling out in front of. ARGH! This car is so frustrating. Its a good car. There isnt a lot of competition in this price bracket and with AWD and a hatchback. The interior is nice and comfortable. Android Auto has never worked for me and I have a Samsung S8+. the exterior looks good if you get the sport package. I do think this car looks kind of plain from the front. I also hate not having HID headlights. The boot of the hatchback is really spacious. The ride is a bit rough but I bought the sport package so I kind of expected it. But the Engine. it really sucks. The transmission makes it even worse. Subaru needs to make a WRX hatchback again. NEEDS. And it cannot cost $30K+. I bought this car for AWD and space and fuel economy and the nameplate. I will not buy another Subaru. Too much money compared to the nearest competitors.

The best and safest car I have ever owned!
By Kelcey

2018 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this vehicle. Not only did it receive the IIHS top safety pick, but it saved mine and my sons life a little over a year ago. When we were hit after an SUV ran a red light, I walked away with minor bruising and my infant son completely unscathed. We might not have been here today if it hadn't been for my Subaru. My car was totaled, but we walked away safe and unharmed. I went out and bought another Subaru Impreza because my sons safety is so important to me. This is a great family car, with all the amenities you could want in a sedan while remaining affordable. It's gotten me where I needed to go, near or far, without problems. The exterior is sleek and modern, timeless and neat. It's a smooth ride which could use a little more of a pick me up as far as acceleration goes but it's really not an issue for me. I recommend this car to everyone I know. It's the best car I've ever owned based on it's safety, reliability and you can't beat the price. I will continue to purchase from Subaru in the future.

CVT and other issues
By Dissatisfied Owner

2018 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Buyer Beware. I have had multiple issues with this vehicle and cannot recommend it or the brand based on my experience. 1.)Infotaintment system was chipped and vent was cracked upon delivery. I didn't notice until I took it home. - vent replaced. Pictures taken of chip but not replaced until I kept having other infotaintment issues. 2.) Infotaintment issues: Back up camera did not always come on, GPS did not always work or froze, display would freeze and not allow to change volume etc. - Reprogrammed then eventually replaced. Bluetooth sometimes cuts out on long drives but cannot verify if my phone or infotaintment system. 3.) Blower fan chirped loudly - replaced after multiple visits 4.) CVT lurches or has a dip in decceleration at about 18-19 mph. This requires that you push on the brake harder so not to get too close to the stopped car in front of you or when there is a dip in acceleration/momentum you end up stopped shorter than you were expecting and there is a whole bunch of space between you and the car in front of you. - Control unit reprogrammed which reduced roughness of 18/19 mph issue and caused issue number five. 5.) Hesitation/stuttering upon initial acceleration. - brought it back in and vehicle was tested and considered to be operating as designed. Brought car in for slow speed stall recall.... and it brought back issue 4 (really it never fully went away). It seems like issue 4 is similar to the review on 09/14/2018. I contacted Subaru and they told me to take it back to the dealer. The thing is the CVT issues are intermittent. They drive it for a mile or two and aren't going to call it an issues unless it is at its most severe form (which I consider a safety issue when it presents severely). I've driven several other Subarus so I have a good comparison and they do no have this issue.

Never Again
By S

2018 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The CVT Transmission in the Impreza is the worst operating system I've ever driven. During and coming to a stop the CVT lunges forward and quite honest a beginner/new driver could have an issue...its the jerkiest and also non tracking vehicle...wow. I've sold!