Used 2008 Scion xD Hatchback Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used xD for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Love my Scion xD!!!

Austin, 01/07/2016
4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was in the market for a fuel efficient vehicle with a college student budget. I had looked at several popular cars (Corolla, Civic, Impreza, etc) and hadn't thought about Scion. I caught sight of it on a used car lot and before I knew it I was signing the papers. The xD is a reasonably priced car that has great fuel economy. I typically will get about 28-32 around town and 32-36 on the highway. This car has excellent visibility and handles really well on the road. It doesn't accelerate as quickly as I would like, but it's not bad for a four cylinder. I love how much legroom/headroom there is inside-and not just in the front, but as well as the backseat. The back seats fold flat creating a large cargo space, but even with the seats up there is plenty of cargo space. Easy to park, low maintenance cost, extra compartments, plenty of cupholders, the list just goes on. For such an affordable price, it has a lot to offer. The driver seat does not rise/lower which could be an issue for some drivers but the steering wheel can be adjusted. The speedometer/tachometer takes some getting used to as it is sideways-it took me a little while to adjust. Overall I have been pleasantly surprised with my Scion xD and I think I might keep it around for awhile.

Loved This Car

mcgooey, 06/11/2012

This was my first brand new car. I stumbled upon this car when it first came out. I think I just got lucky with it. didnt know anything about the car but i had been wonderfully happy with this car. it was fun, sporty. had some get up and go. and there were alot of customizable features that you could add to the car. radio was great. love the ipod hook up feature. I was able to get 40 highway and high 20's city. this car was the love of my life. unfortunately it got squished in between a ford f150 and a ford E150. The car actually held up alot better in the accident then I would have expected from the impact, but the car was a total loss. RIP scion XD

Compact, fuel efficient and great value.

agalcowa, 01/24/2011

I stumbled upon the Scion Xd while looking for a Honda Civic and Mazda 3. The Scion is most different from the Mazda, but is similar to the Civic in the following ways: reliability, fuel efficiency, and compact size. The car is decently built for a compact car. It shares many components from the Toyota Corolla (engine, tranny, etc) and knobs and other items from the Rav4. For any 4-cylinder car that doesn't have a turbo, I recommend the manual for better control and performance, especially when merging onto the freeway. Overall, I'm very satisfied with my Scion and glad that I found it.

be prepared for fuel evac canister $1000 a pop

miro, 04/11/2017
4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car brand new, so cute. Gas mileage winter 26/28 summer 32/34. Very reliable! I clean houses and all my equipment fits, great storage! Lots of road noise and bumpy ride but didn't bother me. The only tires that worked in New York snow were $700 Blizzaks, you're going nowhere with all seasons. My husband hated that it didn't have arm rest on the right and the left is too short. 9 years later and 157,000 miles so far very few repairs. At 111,000 miles repairs started, 3 wheel bearings, water pump, alternator, oil pressure gauge($7). Also replaced light bulbs in headlights about every 50,000 miles, weird. The big issue is the fuel evac canister. 62,000 - 103,000 and again at 156,000 miles it needs to be replaced to pass inspection. This same part in the xB is $250 but the xD is $870! I don't top off the fuel tank and even stopped the undercarriage wash at carwashes trying to keep the charcoal filter from getting wet! Car runs fine but won"t pass inspection until fixed. Such a reliable car, but another $1000? I just don't know. Might buy another scion xD if i can find a warranty to cover that part.

OK, not great.

whitewolfe001, 11/04/2011

I bought the car used at 44k miles. The dealer put on brand new tires, and yet, the car is HORRIBLE in snow! The tires spin/slide not only on a mere coating of snow, but something even on wet roads. It's not a small car problem, because my old Geo Prizm was a champ in snow, and my fiance's Nissan Versa is also quite good. I'm going to have to get winter tires, even though I live 1.5 flat miles from work, because frankly I don't feel safe driving this in any amount of snow. Otherwise, it's OK. The handling is not great. It has a very poor turning radius for a small car, and it's herky-jerky: the gas and brake pedals are too sensitive; it takes quite a lot of finesse to drive smoothly.

Very safe car

Alan, 02/20/2010

This is a great car, ive had it a year and a half now and usually average 33 city, nearly 40 highway. The car drives great, and has enough get up and go for interstate traveling. Its also a very safe car, someone has rear ended me three times now in this car, once just a fender bender, another time on the interstate the guy hit me at about 30 in a suv, just a broken bumper, and most recent i was stopped on the interstate and the ford F150 truck behind me didn't...hit me at about 65-70 mph..i walked away fine and so would anyone in the back seat, the car only dented in a few inches, but about 11,000 in damages...overall its a great safe car. i would highly recommend

Would not buy again

ts16240, 05/01/2011

The XD was my first brand new car, and I am very disappointed in it. I will be trading it in soon. First off the tires are not great on it. It slides all over the road, rain and snow. I did however find winter tires this year and it went much better, but the cost was high ($600). Driving on the highway is horrible because any little bit of wind and it blows you all over the road. Also when driving with just the front windows down is impossible, it makes a wind tunnel effect and is a killer on your ears, so the back windows have to be down too. I also replaced the charcoal canister twice in it, which happened at 38,000 miles. $1,000+ each time replaced. Not the vehicle I expected.

Saved my life!

Ahowe, 09/14/2008

I bought this car in February 08 when we sold our Xterra. Already own a 06 corolla, and like Toyotas. This car is zippy, good gas mileage (31 city, 33+ hwy) and looks great. Standard power everything, cruise, you name it! The safety features are all standard- side, seat and front air bags. Good thing, too. A guy in a stolen car ran me off the road and into the concrete median in the middle of the hwy going about 65 mph, and I walked away with a sprained wrists and burns/scrapes from the seat belt and airbags. The car didn't make it, but it did it's job. Loved that little car and will miss it, but thankful for the fun it gave me and the life it saved!

BEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEP

Joe Mahma, 11/08/2008

I've had it for a while and I'd have to say, it's a great cheap car. I just took a trip and managed 42 mpg on the highway while around town I'm getting about 32 mpg. It has some power if you get on it but the manual transmission is awful. The Interior is awesome as well as the body design, and people are always checking it out on the street.

Pitfalls of an xD

Duke, 03/25/2008

Due to sluggish brakes I rear-ended another car at 30 mph. The car's airbags deployed and i was fine, but the cars front end was demolished. Insurance estimates show repair cost to be half the price I paid for the car!

Scion XD

Nancy, 09/07/2008

I debated which to buy, the Honda Fit or the Scion XD. I decided that I liked the body style better with the XD, I also liked the larger wheels which came standard on the XD (16" as opposed to the Honda Fit 14"). I am so happy with the XD. I drive 150 miles a day to/from work so I log a lot of miles quickly. I am now up to 11,800 miles and have not had a problem. It is comfortable and roomy for 4 adults. We recently took it from Ann Arbor to Chicago for a soccer tournament and had plenty of room for all four adults, we just made sure to pack lightly as there is not a lot of room for numerous suitcases but then again that is not what I bought it for. I highly recommend this car.

Love this car!

Dsimes, 04/07/2009

I bought the xD in August of 08 to replace my 06 Cobalt. The xD is loads of fun! The car handles excellent and is quick for it's engine size. I'm tall and it fits me perfectly. Very roomy inside for it's size. It will surprise you in that respect. The 5 speed manual shifts easy. The clutch is a bit tight and requires a few higher revs then my Cobalt did to get moving, but this is an engine that welcomes higher revs. I'm very glad I chose the xD for my next car. I have put 10,000 miles onthe clock so far and look forward to putting many more on it! I average around 35 mpg at 69 mph.

Still Shaking

Sparkle, 05/31/2008

I traded an o7 Camry that was paid for, at 18,000 miles, and another year on the 36,000 mile warranty for the Scion xD. The Camry was a sweet ride, and it had all the bells, and whistles, but the gas mileage was nada. I'm still shaking just thinking about it, however it cost me no out of pocket money. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I drove the xD home, and the first big truck that came by did not blow me off the road, I hardly felt it. I still have over half tank of gas, at 193 miles. I had two choices, I could look at the Camry in the drive way or I could ride the xD all over the place. Gas in not going down, and I made the adjustment. I'm glad I did it. I like to ride.

It's A Winner

It's A Winner, 06/28/2008

I am a visiting Nurse and am in my car all day, going from patient to patient. Needed good MPG. Looked at Versa, Fit And Suzuki SX4. It was between XD and SX4, would buy this car again tomorrow. I LOVE it. It is fun to drive, fits anywhere and has good pick-up. Agree with need to decrease road noise, wish there was an armrest, and that doors lock when car is put in gear. I get many questions and compliments on my zippy red XD.

A Scion of the times.

JT Hall, 07/13/2008

I bought the Scion xD after driving the xA from an ebay sale, downsizing from a pickup truck which i can no longer afford to drive. After two weeks of both highway and around town driving, I find the xD to be fun to drive,comfortable and very economical (35+ combined mpg.) Although you won't win any drag races in a Scion, it will zoom up to highway speeds quickly enough where it floats effortlessly at 75+ mph. Handling and cornering are excellent and the seats are firm and supportive. In spite of its size the xD drives like a larger vehicle. Fold the seats down and there's plenty of room for your stuff. It was a great choice. I'm going to keep it.

Good Economy Car for Rural Area

mjc, 07/10/2008

I live in the northern mountains of NH; my driving is mostly rural, seldom faster than 65; there is virtually no stop-and-go traffic. My xD has an automatic and also traction/stability control. My lowest gas mileage has been 37; my highest 40.5. (I figure my MPG mechanically: first click off on fill up with rounding to nearest nickel.) My last three tanks averaged 39 mpg.

All-around great little car!

phxpatrick, 07/10/2008

With gas at $4 a gallon, I researched several higher-mileage cars including the Toyota Yaris, Nissan Versa, Honda Fit, and the Scion XD. I chose the Scion even though it didn't have the highest MPG ratings, but it did come with far more standard amenities and just as many safety features as the others. To add all of the standard XD features to the Yaris, Versa or Fit, and you'd bump their prices higher than the base XD. In addition to the great mileage (I'm averaging about 33 MPG in mixed- conditions, driving 50 miles a day), it has 128 HP which gets me in and out of traffic quickly. I'm 5'11, 200 lbs, and there's plenty of head, leg and hip room. I highly recommend the XD!

Surprisingly fun and inexpensive car

Carl, 11/02/2008

Bought this guy a couple of months ago as an all-around hauler. I drive about 75 miles a day for work, was looking for practicality and fun. Also use on weekends for trips to see our daughter at college, etc. Very pleased with the xD. Lowered with TRD springs from dealer, rear spoiler, bumper protector. Have not used for overnight trip, but hauls four adults with ease (we are all short) and occasionally five for trips around town. Looked also at the Honda Fit, also nice, but glad I chose the xD. 33-36 miles per gallon (measured at fill-ups), 35-39 average on readout. Ride (w/TRD springs) is firm but comfortable. Co-worker has an xD also and has had good experience, highly recommended!

I love this car

Reesfun, 12/06/2008

Such a great little car...especially for the price. The gas mileage is fantastic. After 5K miles I have consistently averaged 36+ MPG with combined in city hwy/street driving. Highway mileage alone has come in as high as 42MPG. This car is fun, easy to drive-turn-park and fits me perfectly. My hubby 6' 3" hubby purchased an XB and I fell in love with it with one exception...it's just TOO big inside. I found myself having to reach too far for everything. But the XD has everything at perfect arms length. And the clutch is light and the manual trani is easy to shift. The only negative is that at 5K it has more "little noises" than I would have expected from a Toyota product.

I'll miss you..

IDisposable, 07/23/2009

I loved this beast! Great performance, great handling, great ergonomics. I hauled my wife, two kids and a pop-up trailer all over. This is a great small- family. We sadly had to part ways as there is a third child coming soon, but if Scion would have built a stretched version (ala the Mazda5 we just traded for) we would have stayed in the Scion stable for a third run.

Owned for a 18 months

kenct, 09/10/2009

The first time I saw this Barcelona Red Scion I loved it and it has proven to be a good purchase. I needed a reliable car to bomb about town and for short range (<500 miles) highway trips, although took did a 2000 mile trip and car preformed great. I also needed good cargo capacity and excellent gas mileage. It has proven itself on all counts. The red color is very easy to spot among all the silver cars in big parking lots. I also keep the rear seat down for hauling cargo; mostly golf clubs and groceries.

Overpriced for what you get

DL, 08/09/2007

My wife bought this monday. Over all it is not a bad car but dealing with Scion dealers left a bad taste in our mouth. Scion likes to claim they have a "Pure Price" that is set by Scion but the dealers pile on doc fees and every other fee you can think of. But that is enough about the horrible dealers and lets talk about the xD. The car itself is very small. It is basicly a four door toyota yaris but it does have side airbags standard and in this car you will need them in a T bone crash. My wife thought the ride of the car was ok but to me it felt just like the old scion xA which was bumpy and cheap feeling. The car has about 23 more hp than the xA but on the road you cannot feel it.

Tires are garbage

cfeather, 02/28/2011

Research this carefully. The Goodrich tires that came on this vehicle new are garbage. Had to be replaced at 24 K. But there are only 2 manufacturers who make a tire for this car. Both are garbage. So what good is reliability, fuel efficiency, etc. if the tires are failing? New tires (Dunlop) were $600 at dealer cost. Wheel bearing went out on my XA at 32K, so I have that to look forward to next! GM parts used on these cars, so this is to be expected.

Disappointed

Cyn, 06/06/2008

Gas mileage not what was promised. I'm only getting 22.3 MPG mostly city with some highway. My old 6 cyl Mercedes got similar! The dash board rattles, sounds like there's a hornet in the car. Lots of blind spots, the rear window is like a porthole; the wide front struts and bulky side mirrors completely obscure pedestrians in crosswalks and vehicles approaching on the right. Visibility is so poor, I don't think I'll be keeping the car. Wish I'd gotten the Honda Fit. Too bad, Scion.

Love My 2008 "Lil Hottie" Scion XD

Love My Scion XD, 06/16/2008

I purchased my 2008 Scion Xd a week ago and I am enjoying my drive. It is a fun car to drive and I look forward to driving it every day. It is a little noisy but the standard features outweigh the road noise. I test drove the Honda Fit, the Nissan Versa and the Honda Civic before test driving the Scion Xd and when I did I knew I had found the car. It was fun to drive and all the standard features. The gas mileage is what they say 26 city avg. and 32 hwy miles. I mainly drive city miles. I do wish it had a center armrest. Wished the VSC would come standard but other than that I love my Scion in red. Enjoy when I see turned heads as I drive by. I love it's uniqueness in looks. Love it!

Fun Urban Transportation Module

Clyde, 07/31/2008

Love the hip modern styling. This car appears has more interior room than its outside size would allow. It is easy to park and is loads of fun to drive. The car does have a blind spot that takes getting used to. I drove a Honda Fit before purchasing my Scion XD and other than the gas mileage I have no regrets with my purchase. I recommend this car to anyone that needs a dependable well built car with great resale value. I also considered the Smart car. But after its initial reviews would much rather own a Scion XD.

My First Toyota

cormac, 02/26/2010

Bought second hand w/40000 miles. Short wheel base gives bumpy ride on wash-board roads. Should improve shocks and suspension. Had one questionable acceleration under damp/rainy conditions.

Great Little Car

FBC, 05/28/2008

Like the way the car handles on the interstate and in town. Super MPG. Wish I had purchased this car sooner.Better than the Fit and the Yaris. Nice sound system, easy to park, great acceleration when passing. I will mostly likely buy another one soon.

Top Notch!

Nate, 06/01/2008

We just purchased this car last month for a gas saver (Previous vehicle a 2002 Chevrolet Silverado ext. cab) -- Skeptic at first, however I was wrong! This car is not only very good on gas, but it shows quality at every turn. From a guys point of view I must admit I have ended up being the prominent driver (no regrets). Toyota has really landed a nice concept of "a lot of car for your money". It is no wonder that they (Toyota) have secured the title of the number 1 auto manufacturer in the world. Domestic auto makers should take not. Bottom line for those considering... "Economical doesn't mean cheap!" (or boring)

Lot better then honda

Cal, 06/02/2008

I bought this car a couple of weeks ago. My first choice was a Honda Fit, but after dealing with Honda they would not compete with the price of the Scion XD. The Xd is a lot better than the Honda fit, more options, better ride, better price. I would highly recommend this car. Excellent gas mileage, Toyota "SCION" cannot be beat...

Great MPG & fun to drive!

flyers2008, 06/04/2008

This is one great car to drive! Plenty of power and I'm getting 32 MPG in suburban driving. The kids fit great in the back, even w/car seats and the cargo area can hold a packed ice hockey bag w/o a problem.

2008 Scion Xd

Xdvnt, 06/04/2008

I picked up the Xd last month after the rising price in gas was making it impossible for me to keep my old vehicle. Went from a Nissan Titan to the Xd and I couldn't be happier. It's so fun to drive. Very sporty and nimble. Lots of get up and go for such a small engine. I was pleasantly surprised at how much room it has inside too. I'm 6'2" and fit in it with no problems at all. When I first purchased it, all I could think about was how much I was going to miss driving my truck. Now, much to my surprise, I enjoy driving the Scion more than I did my Titan. And the mileage is great. So far the lowest tank I've had has been 35 MPG and I have a tendency to keep my foot in it a lot. Very pleased.

Amazing Bang for the Buck

PA, 06/04/2008

We were in the market for a small, affordable car with decent space and high mpg. The xD price tag impressed us but when you add in all of the features that are included with the price such as the functionality of the interior (sliding and folding rear seats), the electronics (trip computer, cruise, great stereo with steering wheel controls and aux/iPod inputs), and the solid handling and engine, the car is a huge bargain. It really feels substantial on the road and the power is much better than expected. It's actually fun to drive and doesn't look like every other car out there! The gas mileage is excellent so far. The xD may very well become our car for long trips now.

OK for what it is.

Craig Reinehr, 06/04/2008

I bought the car for gas mileage and ability to still haul a few things, and that's exactly what I got. It goes down the highway fine, and of course is good around town. The standard accessories are nice because it's most of the things you'd "add" anyhow. Disappointed in no center arm rest as a standard option, and the "XM Ready" radio is about as ready as any radio is. It cost $500 more dollars to make it ready, which is very deceiving.

Gas-O-holic

pH, 06/09/2008

We chose the Scion xD for the obvious reasons, gas mileage and bang for the buck. The car has an ugly dog sort of cuteness to it. Our initial impression is that it is a great little car. You definitely get what they advertise. If you want a Lexus level of performance, quiet and ride quality, don't buy this car. If you want an inexpensive, feature heavy car, this is the one you want! The "Pure Price" concept makes buying cars a snap. No pressure, no negotiating - what you see is what you get.

Nice for the Price

ke_parks, 06/10/2008

I like the car so far, I have only had it a couple of days. I traded in my 05 civic for it, I think it has better pickup than the civic, Has a lot a neat features inside, like Ipod jack and mp3 player jack, The mpg is Ok, not as good as the civic but I think it is fun to drive. I like how it sets up higher kind of like a small suv with a lot better mpg

Paint an issue

WHY?, 12/14/2007

I am so disappointed with my xD. I researched countless vehicles until I decided on the xD. Bought it last week and it already has paint chips and scratches (and I don't drive in rough areas). In fact, upon closer inspection -- dirt combined with dew is actually what is causing the scratching, while I'm driving. Also has a small rust spot on the back. This car is only one week old!! Will be taking it back to the dealer tomorrow for inspection. Be warned!! I wish I stayed with Honda.

It's only getting better

kris, 06/12/2008

I have my XD for only 3 weeks now that’s not a long time but it took me 6 months to decided on a car and boy was it the right one. It’s not a car for everyone but you have to judge your needs and figure out what’s best for you. The XD has everything I needed power on everything but the seat. ipod connection, decent power for the car it is. Looks cool and with the addition of some aftermarket products it will look great.

Great little car

JMAC, 06/12/2008

If your looking for a subcompact that is dependable,well built, good on gas and different, then buy this car. This is the second Scion in my family and I can tell you these cars are great deals. Get in and test drive one and see for yourself. If you want 36+ miles a gallon,all the options at one price, and a cool car to boot then buy an XD.

Sleek XD!

Sleek XD!, 06/17/2008

Love it, love it, love it! Need I say more? I love the sleek exterior and the MPG.

my scion

bluedolphinn, 06/18/2008

It's a good first time buys. Mileage is great if on highway when using cruise control i could get to about 35-40 mpg depending on my chosen speed. I have no family so the back room is just enough for me and for girls weekend. I helped my friend move and the folding chairs were adequate. The pick up speed going on a highway is a bit slow, I don't like to press the pedal so fast.

Wish I Could Return it

Tom Gandy, 06/16/2008

I bought this XD with the auto trans, that was the first mistake. This thing scares the heck our of me while trying to merge into 70 mph traffic. Road noise is excessive and the ride is rather bumpy. The brakes are adequate but spongy. Highway mpg is not too bad at 38 but local driving is a dismal 23 mpg. Rear passenger space is surprisingly adequate for average sized people. Rear storage space is small but this a sub compact and is to be expected. The hubcaps had to go. I bought 7 spoke wheels that look much better.

Best auto move ever

chad Reznicek, 06/19/2008

Traded in a 2004 4 runner due to fuel costs. Looked at the matrix but couldn't figure out what we were actually getting for the cost. My wife test drove both and loved the Xd. The test drive combined with all the standard options and the price of the Xd made it a no brainer for us over the matrix. We enjoy driving it, its no sports car but the power to MPG factor is better than expected. At 6 feet tall, I find it just a bit short on leg room but overall very comfortable. The bottom line is that for a great price we have a highly fuel efficient vehicle that looks good, is fun to drive, and loaded with creature comforts. Hated to give up the 4 runner but love what we got in return.

Nice little car

GregSurratt, 06/18/2008

After test driving the Yaris and Honda Fit, the peppy engine, higher seating, amazing standard safety features and overall appearance sold me on the xD. My only real complaint is the road noise, but that's of pretty minor importance to me. It's a tight little, precise ride and the manufacturing tolerances are really impressive. Everything feels like quality on the Scion, unlike with the Ford Focus that it's replacing. I also love the firmness of the seats. The toggle feature on the l.e.d. odometer which allows you to see your mpg at any current moment is really nifty (although I'm a little suspicious of the accuracy of such a device). At any rate, this is an exciting little car.

I love my Scion XD

lovemyxd, 06/23/2008

When I sat down to test drive this car, I immediately knew it was the one. It's cute yet bold looking--and super fun to drive.

How does 46 mpg sound?

Tim, 06/24/2008

If you're looking to save gas - look no further. I've had this car since last October. Overall mileage is in the mid 30's. Three recent trips at 55 mph on highway netted 46 mpg. (that's true mpg - not computer) One was with 4 people in the car. Going to & from work (mix of highway and city) has been about 37 mpg. I test drove everything in this type (Nissan Versa, Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris, Kia Rio 5, etc...), felt this was easily the best of hte bunch. Can't understand Consumer Report's love affair with the Honda Fit - rode like a 70's Ford Pinto. We recently took a trip to Branson with our family of 4 and did well - a little tight for luggage but it worked. Really love this car!

My herbie loaded

Stephanie, 06/22/2008

I was in the market for a Toyota Prius, but was not going to pay 30,000 as price due to demand. I drove the Prius and found it to awkward and had no extras at this price. My husband use to drive an Scion XA so I looked at the only one left on the lot and found it to be exactly what I wanted, good fuel economy, fun to drive, and lots of extras, and affordable. I would highly recommend this car with todays climbing gas prices. My 12 yr old son claim it to be his when he turns 16, so it must be hip.

Great small car

rob4668, 06/24/2008

I bought the manual transmission which took some getting used too. The clutch has a low contact point so it was easy to kill the engine on start. Shifting is a bit stiff also. Otherwise the car is very solid feeling and drives like a sports car. With seats down in back I can carry same amount as our Subaru Forester-quite a lot.

Drives Like A "Go Kart"

coytheboy, 06/27/2008

This is a neat little car that drives like a sports car but gives you the feel that you are in a larger car that grips the road like a Jag. The xD is very responsive and well powered in spite of its economy. It reminds me a bit like a "Go Kart" the way it handles turns. On long trips she is very comfortable and the standard stereo is high quality. MPG is in the mid 30's which is great for such a peppy car. Only negative is that the mirror buttons and dimmer controls are not illuminated at night. No big deal but it would be nice.

Great little car

Carl , 06/30/2008

Two months into ownership and we are extremely pleased with the xD. We wanted something that would replace our Toyota Tacoma, which had given us wonderful reliability for 110,000 miles but the 23 mpg was killing me when I drove it for work (my cheap employer who still thinks gas costs $1.20 a gallon pays only 20 cents per mile). I drove the Yaris 4 dr and liked it very much but did not like the auto transmission and the lack of a hatchback. The Scion was just the ticket, exactly what I wanted. I rode the fence between this and the Fit, but I like the bigger tires and higher ride on this and the great stereo system. Best of all is the gas mileage. 44mp on the freeway!

51050