Used 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used 1500 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

2013 Dodge Ram 1500 Express 4x4 Quad w/ Hemi

jason134, 06/18/2013
Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Drove 2013 f150 STX 4x4 ext cab, 7k discount, priced at $27k. Decent truck but kinda cheap interior, just felt it was overall average. Toyota wasnt even close asking 33k for similar equipped truck as ford. And Toyota doesn't discount! Poo poo to them, their vehicles have had lots of issues lately and Tundra is dated. Dodge had the quad express hemi 4x4 discounted 11k down to 24k! Drove it and felt more refined, smooth ride, powerful and great interior. Honestly has everything needed. Navigation, leather, and backup camera are really the only things missing in the express. I get 18mpg combined driving too! No Joke! Friend has ecoboost f150 and he can't get 18mpg and he doesn't have a hemi!

Beware

rexer, 05/28/2013
SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought a brand new 2013 RAM 1500 and must admit that it was my first brand new purchase for a vehicle. I got a couple blocks away from the dealership when all of a sudden steam and smoke started pouring out from under the hood. I looked down at the temp guage and it was slightly below the red mark. I pulled over and popped the hood and found a rad hose not attached to engine. I called the dealership who sent a tech out to meet me (later found out that the hose is given a plastic peice at the factory to assit in assembly and it was never removed causing the hose to fall off under pressure). I spoke with the dealership and Chrysler Canada and was told too bad basically, your stuck with it.

5 years still no problem

darkwinger, 09/15/2018
Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

made this review because this truck had some negative reviews. I have had my truck when she was just a baby with 3 miles on it I haven't had 1 problem with this truck ever the motor has 50k miles on in and still runs like the day I got it. the interior no on tear everything is perfect. hope this helps someone.

Cam and Lifters should have a recall

mimi, 08/13/2018
Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

MY 2013 RAM Laramie/Longhorn 1500 hemi 5.7 liter at 137,000 miles and regular oil change/filter etc., come to find out this is a REGULAR BIG ISSUE the Cam and Lifters in this particular engine, this is my second Ram but this one was Mac Daddy with the $$$price$$$ tag to boot, I should not be having these issues with this truck especially when I baby Him, this is NOT the first mechanic that has given me the LOOK when I asked for a second opinion. (mechanic is like)"Mam, this is a problem with these particular engines"...WTH? My hair stands up like a razor back boar, ready for the charge! I am sorry [non-permissible content removed] it was not in my brochure that this was an issue or in my recall list! RAM/DODGE should have a recall and fix this before it becomes a MUCH BIGGER ISSUE with it's consumers. My price tag for this ISSUE will round out to be a MERE $5,000. Then to add more misery There is Now another recall on this particular vehicle. This truck has had more recalls than any vehicles I have owned, this is The 3 Ram we have owned, still have two, I will NOT buy another after this big disappointment

Blown motor, not meaning supercharged either.

Unbelievable!, 05/02/2019
Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

79,000 miles and motor needs replacing. I'm original owner and followed all service intervals most of which done at dealership. Cam and main bearings or connecting rod noises. Also have drivetrain hesitation. Come to a stop and a second later will feel a slight clunk in drivetrain.