Used 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

Cam and Lifters should have a recall
By mimi

2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

MY 2013 RAM Laramie/Longhorn 1500 hemi 5.7 liter at 137,000 miles and regular oil change/filter etc., come to find out this is a REGULAR BIG ISSUE the Cam and Lifters in this particular engine, this is my second Ram but this one was Mac Daddy with the $$$price$$$ tag to boot, I should not be having these issues with this truck especially when I baby Him, this is NOT the first mechanic that has given me the LOOK when I asked for a second opinion. (mechanic is like)"Mam, this is a problem with these particular engines"...WTH? My hair stands up like a razor back boar, ready for the charge! I am sorry [non-permissible content removed] it was not in my brochure that this was an issue or in my recall list! RAM/DODGE should have a recall and fix this before it becomes a MUCH BIGGER ISSUE with it's consumers. My price tag for this ISSUE will round out to be a MERE $5,000.

Can't get out of its way
By Fred

2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The v6 may be ok in town but not for highway use. Even the slightest hill and it loses speed. The cruise control can't keep up with traffic on the highway. This thing needs a turbo. It is one thing to have a truck that can't tow anything and we knew that. We have a real truck for towing (96 2500 Ram) but it should be able to keep its speed up. The seating position is also very low. I am 5'9" and I can't see the front corners. When you back up to a dock by yourself it is pure guess work. Really liked the older trucks where you could see out. Check engine light came on the second day and repeatedly since then. It wasn't a big deal with the dealership and they didn't want to work on it until the warranty expired and then they wanted to fix it. With the way the dealership worked us on this truck and the service department, this will probably be the last dodge or ram for us. We have been driving them since we bought the 96 and have had several different ones.

radio sucks
By Ed

2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have owned 4 new dodge rams over the last 12 years and was overall happy until this last Ram and the radio issues (COMPUTER HUB AS THE DEALER CALLED IT), i have had constant issues with the blue tooth and the radio freezing up and seems to be a very common issue on the web with no help other then lets replace your radio because the down load didn't work at the dealer so 575.00 for a new radio with very a promise that's its fixed - i have never been so set off with a 3 year old truck then i am with Dodge today - last one

Norms
By Norm Knutson

2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

It sets up high be ready for that. Running boards are good.

Totally Unreliable
By TSB8C

2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Owned for just over 2 years so far - alignment bad right off dealer lot (never even got home the first day owned), driver visor drops down even after replacement, broken panel on console from factory, console lid won't latch down, rear passenger window won't roll up, start/stop button stuck and left me stranded, clanking noise in front end - stripped gears in rack&pinion assembly, poor paint resulting in rust at body seams in wheel wells, radio drifts frequencies on hot days, leaking rear pinion seal, mileage has dropped about 20% after first 12 months, multiple software updates required in short time I've had it. Great mileage at first, now dropped off, quite comfortable, but weak and sagging rear suspension under moderate load. Dealer refuses to fix all the issues. Dodge refused buy-back under lemon arbitration. Won't stand behind warranty, which of course has now expired.