Used 2006 Pontiac Vibe Wagon Consumer Reviews

Used Vibe for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

A Great Car ... Through The Years!

k_texas, 05/16/2012
4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Vibe new back in early '07 ... here it is five years later and I still love it. She (yes, it's a girl -- with her own name) just turned the corner and has safely and efficiently taken me over 100,000 miles. Can't rave enough about fuel economy. Last road trip was just a few weeks ago (about 900 miles r/t) ... she did me proud with 30-35 mpg!! Really?? YES! I noticed a past reviewer commented on very poor handling in Midwest winter snows. I'd like to chime in on that and say mine was quite the Opposite. She handled herself very respectably in a South Dakota winter -- with FOUR blizzards back-to-back.

Keep the Recall in Mind

bike_canoe2, 05/10/2011
4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I agree with Edumonds it is sluggish, but 32 mpg city is a definate advantage. The seating is comfortable, road noise is average. It is fun to drive but it's not a sports car. NOW ABOUT THE RECALL - the PCM (performance control module) has issues, it will leave you stranded on the side of the road when it fails. The recall covers specific years, and specific engines so check yours at NHTSA.GOV and have it replaced if yours is recalled! The recall will cover replacing the PCM, labor, and towing to a GM dealer, but it does not cover a loaner vehicle. The dealer is very confident about the reliablity of this vehicle, this is the only issue they have with this vehicle.

Best Car We've ever owned!

Scott, 03/31/2016
4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is by far the best car we've ever owned. 220k and still great. Only repairs have been brakes, battery, serpentine belt, wiper blades and tires. Regular maintenance important, done with tranny fluid at each 50k, plugs at each 100k, same with coolant. Oil and filter every 5k. Still have original alternator, a/c unit (no recharge needed on freon), muffler system, hoses. Stock radio w/ 5 cd changer blew after 3 years-replaced with after market. Almost 10 years and this car is still going. Hope to get 230k then it's time to retire the Vibe....with tears in my eyes then I am sure.

2006 Pontiac Vibe

Roland Charriez, 10/05/2016
4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It's been a great car. Great gas mileage for an AWD. Cargo space is amazing. Low maintenance and still fun to drive and wonderful in the snow. It's running perfect at 310k.

Still high mpg!

34mpg, 03/16/2013
4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Vibe since buying it off the lot in 2006. Over 335,000 miles and it is still averaging 33.4 mpg. Replaced the manual clutch due to some slippage at 247,000 miles, well beyond what most people would have thought a clutch would last. The alternator died at 285,000 miles. Those are the only major breakdowns. Still love the fact that it came with a 110 v wall outlet style plug in the console! Can use the same cellphone charger in the house as in the car. I can't believe theses don't come standard on all vehicles. No equipment problems other than the known PCM issue that was recalled/replaced and 3 of the 4 door handles broke off. Replacing them are cheap ($11 off Amazon) and easy to do (thanks Youtube). Just drove 1200 miles at 5 mph above the speed limit and got 34.2 mpg!

My Beloved Vibe

beloved06vibe, 06/18/2012
4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2006 Vibe new and would still be driving it had it not been totalled on Memorial Day. That car had 110,000 miles on it and I NEVER had any problems with it. It drove beautifully until its last day. It was comfortable and great on gas, held 3 kids and all their stuff, and I smiled every time I approached it. If you get the chance to get one, take it!!!

Old faithful.

Thomas, 10/02/2018
4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Just won’t break down. We bought this car on a rebuilt title 10 years ago, and it is a such a great little car. The body is wearing down, but the car still runs like no tomorrow. After seeing newer cars and models, old faithful is still going strong. Keeping it until the wheels fall off.

Best car EVER!!

larry, 11/07/2018
4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have ever owned! had my 06 for 12 years, only done normal upkeep, 325k miles and it drives just like the day i bought it.

Once in a while

Patrick, 09/17/2005
4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Background: This purchase was a new 2003 Vibe in 2002. This is a long term veiw of the car. Do you know the feeling when you buy I knew car? When you love your new car? I did. I loved this car, and still do, as much as the day I drove it off the lot. It held speed at 80 across the western US on a recent 4000 mile round trip and got 34 MPG while doing it. This was with automatic Tranny too. The power train is from the Corolla, tranny also, but the interior space is like a large sedan. You never feel cramped. The test drive will show how it feels and that is the way it will feel 3 years later. I liked the Vibe so much, I bought one for my wife last December. See Favorite Feature below.

Vibe 2006 5 speed manual - 286 000 km

vibe_06_5speed, 11/10/2012
4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car when it had 170 000 km on it, since then (over 2 years ago) I've put on many miles on it (now have 286 000 km). I am very satisfied with the car. I have not put ANY repairs since I've had it other then repainting the top (little bit of rust started). I consistently get between 40 - 44 MPG (Canadian) doing mostly highway (that is about 33 - 36 US MPG). I drive conservative though, I keep it around 100 km/h on highway. I like the exterior of the vibe better then the matrix. The car has good cargo space and when you flip down the seats you get ridiculous amount of room back there, you don't know what your missing until you've had it trust me! Highly recommend!

12345...11