Used 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Prix for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...14

Pros
Cons
4.75 out of 5 stars

WOW!

leotus, 03/10/2003
GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Went with the leather. It is holding up really nice. Get the heated seat option if ya live up north like myself!! Very impressive to drive...hugs the road like a child does an icecream cone. Just wished I would have got the on-star package is the only drawback.

3.75 out of 5 stars

Better than expected

JamJan, 11/22/2005
SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

We've owned this vehicle for nearly 3 years and are basically pleased. For an inexpensive car, it performs pretty well. The build quality leaves a bit to be desired and the steering feels a little heavy (dang front wheel drive), but GM did a fine job with the rest of it.

4.88 out of 5 stars

My 1st Brand New Car......The GTP

Slick Steve, 04/28/2003
GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This car is EXCELLENT! I've had other cars before, all used, but this one is the my 1st brand new car. I had a 98 Grand Prix SE right before this one that gave me the insight that I liked this car already before I bought it. I was right. The 240HP supercharged engine has great power and the interior with full options with leather seats is awesome. The exterior on a GTP is also nicer than on the basic SE model on the front end of the model. With the options, the car has it all when it comes to comfort. Also for 23k the car is very well priced when compared to other mid-size sedans that cost about 27k through 30k with about the same performance.

Love my car

Mark Stanfield, 03/05/2017
GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After chatting with several other Grand Prix owners, I wish they would do something about the transmission issues we are all having. Starting out, if too much gas, the shift doesnt happen, but if babied, its more reliable to shift into second. Adding an additive called lubegard, the sticky shift solenoid went away. There are a lot of people who have the same issue that need to be made aware of this product so they won't spend thousands on a new transmission.Update: 198000 miles; this car has become my Uber car, and now next year, it will be considered too old. The problem with the transmission turned out to be sticky solenoid. I found a very reliable product to add to the transmission fluid. That product is Lube Gard Premium. It saved me from having to either sell the car or spend a costly repair bill at a repair shop. I hate to say but I will be parting ways with my car. I need something newer to continue Ubering.

The multi switch replacement

Linda, 05/03/2019
GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Got one at a bone yard, front seat is uncomfortable after 9 + years. Other than that and the windshield washer fluid pump is around under outside the passenger seat, and difficulty putting in new blower fan (a squeeze) it was a good car. Ten years the seat was comfortable, then it was horrible. My son-in-law totaled my car unfortunately. I may of had a new one installed. It was reliable. Oh, the fuel line runs along drivers side and if you’re in hard winter country you should garage, freezing of fuel line!

2 out of 5 stars