Used 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Prix for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...14

Pros
Cons
3.75 out of 5 stars

Good ole American car

middleage, 01/28/2010
GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I originally bought a 99 gtp that went 154000 miles before a deer got it. Couldn't bare to pay close to 20k for an new econobox, so bought the last of this generation in 2007 for half that. It is a comfortable muscle car. Acceleration and long distance cruising are its forte. Handling is okay but sloppy when really pushed. The transmission does this clunk at times when starting from a stop?? The "leather" is more like vinyl and the rear seats are not adult comfortable over the long haul. The hvac setting doesn't work in the first 2 positions. The brakes fade under repeated hard use. A 5 speed [m]transmission would have made this car much quicker. 15 mpg city 26 mpg hwy. Feels solid but fat.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Great Car Fun To Drive

huffdaddy, 01/24/2003
GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been great thus far. It has plenty of power and handles great at tight cornering. I like the sleek design and quiet ride it provides.

4.88 out of 5 stars

A great car for the money!

gpfan4life, 01/30/2003
GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

The Pontiac Grand Prix GTP is a great car for the money. Peformance, looks, and comfort are great, not to mention the good gas mileage for a performance engine. I would recommend this car for a person that needs something practical yet fun and fast.

5 out of 5 stars

One of Best cars I have owned

Jim P, 02/20/2008
GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Grand Prix GT I purchased off- lease in June, 2006, had 33000 miles at purchase. It now has 55000 trouble- free miles. I have replaced only the battery and a heater fan switch. The styling is still one of the best even after five years! Fuel economy is 17 mpg in stop-and-go city and 30 mpg at 70 mph on the highway. I still feel great about this car and, every time I think about something newer, I change my mind and stay with this car. Too bad GM is dropping this model after 2008.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Believe the Hype!!

powrtrippin, 02/11/2003
GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Bought this car in Jan 2003.. Test drove the 240hp Accord and the Altima. Both impressive but neither pushed my back against the seat like the GTP. Being quite roomy and packed with options didn't hurt the decision either. The only thing that I was concerned about was the price. Luckily, there was a $3000 rebate and my wife gets the GM discount. That made my choice the easiest thing I've ever done.

12345...14