Used 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Prix for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

Great Car

RodL, 06/17/2004

Excellent Car! Replaced my 1999 Grand Am GT with this car. Very dependable. I receive many great comments on the look of the car. Many passengers are suprised by the great interior room.

This car has changed my views of GM

partsman99, 04/24/2012

I bought this car with 71K miles on it in 2009. The clock currently shows 137K, and I am fairly impressed with it. Starts every time I put the key in, no matter how hot or cold it is. The good: plenty of power with the standard 3.8, decent sound system, good fuel economy with the size of the car, the overall look of the car is pleasing to the eye. The bad: needed intake manifold and gaskets right at 100K, a solenoid in the trans is going bad, low roof line so my head is almost rubbing the ceiling (I'm 6'1"), very picky about which alternator is in it. My overall opinion is this is a good car, and that takes a lot for me to say being a die-hard Mopar fan. It's old, and people still like it.

Good First Car

am_can_drift, 04/21/2015
GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first car. By the time I got it, it had 185k miles on it. The struts were already bad, and it ran great. This car was a classic new-age Pontiac in that the electronics inside broke, but it held together under the hood. (the gas flotation device broke, inside dashboard lights went out partway). I had very few problems under the hood with this car. It ran in all conditions, and it carried the workload. Eventually, the head gasket blew and the trans started to go bad at 215k miles. Between service records and me, these were the first problems under the hood. It is a great first car in that it can take quite a beating. I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a first car.

Would buy one again

MAJ, 10/19/2003

I haven't seen any other car out I would like better than my Grand Prix. Very Responsive Engine- fun to drive. I plan to keep this car for a long long time. I feel it is built to last also which was important to me since I don't chance cars often

Good ole American car

middleage, 01/28/2010

I originally bought a 99 gtp that went 154000 miles before a deer got it. Couldn't bare to pay close to 20k for an new econobox, so bought the last of this generation in 2007 for half that. It is a comfortable muscle car. Acceleration and long distance cruising are its forte. Handling is okay but sloppy when really pushed. The transmission does this clunk at times when starting from a stop?? The "leather" is more like vinyl and the rear seats are not adult comfortable over the long haul. The hvac setting doesn't work in the first 2 positions. The brakes fade under repeated hard use. A 5 speed [m]transmission would have made this car much quicker. 15 mpg city 26 mpg hwy. Feels solid but fat.

12345...14