2020 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews

$19,310

Save as much as $1,968
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

2020 Sentra, the best yet in its class

D.Winters, 04/27/2020
SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I traded a late model honda civic, for the new sentra, i found after two months owning it, that it handles better is much quieter on the highway, has a much more updated saftey package that is standard on all trim levels A step ahead of my Civic.

This is the best looking car on the street!

Mr. Sentra, 09/11/2020
SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth! I have owned three motorcycles and one Mustang. If speed is your thing then get one of those. With that being said this is the needle under the haystack. The diamond in the rough, the rose that grew from the concrete! The looks are a 10! The seats I might sue Nissan for making them so comfy I could almost fall asleep while driving oh but wait I won't because it has lane departure warning!!! :) The interior OH MY WORD I feel like I am inside of a 60k car! How did they give us all these bells and whistles and keep it under 30k I will never know! The only thing it doesn't do is drive itself and I am glad it doesn't because I would be missing out on how nice this car drives! Look do yourself a favor go test drive one I have been thinking about working at a Nissan Dealership Part Time because I know I could sell these things like it selling water on a 100 degree day! So lets talk about the CVT! It took some getting use to but now I love it! Also guess what there is a sports button which the sales person didn't even tell me about it, when I press the button it feels like I'm driving a lowered BMW it hugs the corners I even got scared and had to slow down so trust me you will never take corners at 80mph like I just did I just wanted to see if it could handle it and it does. So I will be honest I was scared to buy this car because of the past CVT issues that Nissan had, but do you really think they want to get sued again also the final decision of me buying this car was the dealership that I bought it from offered me a lifetime warranty on the CVT! That was it I was sold. It is so nice I'm thinking of buying my wife one lol. I really don't want everyone to go out and buy this car because then it will look like all the civics and toyotas that are on the road so please don't buy one lol. One more thing everyone keeps stoping in my blindspot and won't pass me you know what that means right? They are admiring the car but don't want you to see them admiring it. Thanks to the blindspot indicators that are always going off I know when someone is looking :) Where ever I stop people ask me what kind of car is that? That is one sexy car! Ok Ok enough I am going to the far grocery store that is 20miles aways just to get some chips lol

My Third Nissan Sentra

Ana, 09/25/2020
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My first Sentra was 1997 base model. It was always parked outdoors, was very reliable with no breakdowns, and I put over 300K miles on it before the body started rusting away. I gave it to someone who actually fixed the body and his sister drove it for years afterwards before it finally gave out at a little under 450K miles. Unheard of even at that time. I went to Honda (different models) for a while after that and wasn't thrilled with the declining quality of the brand. Decided to go back to Nissan in 2017 and leased a base model Nissan Sentra. The monthly leasing fee was less than my cable (internet, phone, tv) bill, and the car drove smoothly, but it was also lumbering with no pick-up. I looked at other brands before I brought that lease back and was interested in two of them, but when I told the salesman that he came back with such a great offer on a new, base model 2020 Sentra, that I would have been a fool to turn it down. Just a point I want to make. I do not care about all the new tech or bells and whistles in cars today. The Sentra lease I returned only had a little over 11K ml. in 3 years, which should give you an idea how little I now drive. My main concern is reliability and safety. Gas mileage is negligible because I live and work in a small town. The furthest I drive is when going to the dentist which is about 40ml. away, or the capital, which is about 60. Well, a day after picking up my car I had a dentist appointment, and this car drove very well on the highway. Very smooth on the roads with pretty good pick-up. I felt no drag as I did with the 2017 model. The TCS (tractor control system) gave me warnings when I drove over unstable surfaces, and the blind side alert lit up briefly when I was considering a pass into another lane and there was a car there. I find the rear-view camera very helpful for getting out of my single car garage. So far so good, and it meets my present needs. The design of the car is a little more streamlined and as a result more aerodynamic and not clunky like it was before. It has more things in it than I'll probably ever use. If there is one thing I have an issue with it is while using my phone for driving directions. In order for it to go through the radio speakers I have to switch to Bluetooth from the buttons on the steering wheel, which means in-between directions I can no longer listen to the radio as I did with my last Sentra. Maybe I just haven't figured it out yet, but even if it doesn't work the same way, I consider that a minor annoyance. All in all, while I'm not ecstatic, I am satisfied with this lease.

Ad
Build Your Sentra®
At a Glance:
  • 8 Colors
  • 3 Trims

Great small car

Lela Ricker, 10/29/2020
SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We traded in our late model Honda Civic. It was a a huge upgrade. Love everything about it. Latest average gas mileage is 39.1 and we really have not put it to the test yet on a long trip. The mileage has amazed us compared to our Civic. It is much more roomy than our Civic was also. Given the addition of independent suspension it handles very well and is fun to drive. We are simply not finding the sluggishness that is in reviews. Hands down this is a complete change in the Sentra from its prior years. It was not on my short list of what I wanted to test drive until I read reviews and once I test drove it the other car I had test drove it the Sentra went straight to the top not to be knocked off by any other brand name. We are at 1,500 miles before reviewing because we wanted to be sure of what we were saying had held true. Very little road noise, love the 360 safety. No longer having to readjust the cruise control and love the CarPlay in a very lovely sounding stereo system. The blind spot monitor is a great addition as well. We have already seen the accident prevention in action when a car pulled out in front of us. It reacted in a split second to stop. I just can not say enough about the 2020 Nissan Sentra.

Suspension noise

RH, 12/15/2020
SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My husband got this car for me brand new and there is a large clunking noise from the rear suspension, especially over bumps, since day one. Nissan is looking at it now. Is this an issue with all of these models or do I have a lemon? Besides the suspension concerns it is a great car. I enjoy this model very much.