Used 2007 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 303 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Beats Toyota!
By Phil

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Drove Toyota for 20 years. Seduced by sheet metal on '07 Camry, traded 2000 Avalon for 4-cyl. LE. Big mistake. We were not happy. Traded for 4-cyl. Altima w/SL pkg. You get SO much more car for the money with Nissan!! More power, seamless shifting, quicker handling, quieter, slightly better mpg, bluetooth, heated seats. Bose stereo is awesome, better leather and controls. For this model, Toyota loses in ALL categories!

Bose stereo, satellite radio, keyless entry and ignition, dual auto A/C, fun factor. Thanks, Nissan!

No suggestions.

4 vs 6
By James

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

When I test drove the 2.5L/4 I found the vehicle nimble and quick at low speeds but requiring some time to 'wind-up' at faster speeds in order to pass/merge. The 3.5L/6 on the other hand was like a rocket that I had to keep tied down. It was almost annoying driving in the city because the bloody car just wanted to blast off! It absolutely hated stop and go traffic and red lights! The 3.5L was a noticably heavier vehicle and had a lot of brake lurch. Again, the 3.5L hated stop and go traffic but on the highway it was a dream. Too bad the car drank so much gas! I opted for the 2.5L because of this plus the $6000 less in price. No seat issues.

The exterior looks, the handling, nice options for the price.

Get rid of the cheap plastic covers in the console.

Altima
By Altima

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was considering the Camry and Altima. After test driving, the Altima was the hands down winner. With just over 1k I'm averging 27 mpg. The 4 cylinder has plenty of power.

Style, keyless start, gas mileage and interior dash lights.

Make daytime running lights, abs, and lumbar support standard equipment.

Above All
By " THE BEST "

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is absolutly the best car in its class. I test drove them all and for power this is the best, for looks this is the best, and the push start button is the best. This is my first Nissan I've ever owned and I'm glad I chose it.

Truly keyless

'07 2.5SL with connection package
By John C.

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was shopping for gas economy and yet did no want to drive a death trap or have low quality feel, Altima was it. Its been two days, I put on 269 miles & used not quite 1/2 tank of gas. I call it my 4 cylinder luxury car! While it's not a sports car it does handle well and has good power. I find the overall quality and feel to be top shelf. This is a great value and am sure the reliability will be as good as the other Nissans I've had.

Bose, I like the way the presets can be fm, am or satellite radio without having to switch between them. The modern technology. The gas use meter, I've made a game out of keeping the meter in the higher gas saving side. It looks good too, I have teens and it meets they're approval!

1. The charcoal (black) interior is too much black, they could offset it with other colors/materials. 2. Wish it had traction control. 3. For such a stylish car I think the rims could have been 1 inch bigger, but then I did not pay much for the car in the first place.