Used 2006 Mitsubishi Raider Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Raider for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Good looking, quick, reliable. Excellent value.

LC, 12/22/2015
Duro Cross V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck was priced at half the cost of similar used trucks I looked at (Dodge Ram, Nissan, Toyota, etc) back in 2012. It has a cushy "Cadillac like" ride from the air shocks (pillowy I call it) and is surprisingly quick when you punch the throttle. Excellent brakes have saved my ass numerous times. A good looking truck though the bulging fenders get you dirty if you're leaning in to put something in the bed. Sometimes there's a ghost in the machine's electronics (cruise control sometimes works, sometimes doesn't). It has that annoying steering column problem these models have ($1300 to fix it, no thanks) that squeaks and clunks. The company should do a recall as I refuse to pay that much to fix it. Visibility is poor as the A, B and C pillars are thick (due to the 4 door cab plus configuration). It gets crappy mpg which is weird as the engine purrs along at only 2500 rpm on the highway (16-18mpg highway, 8-12 city). Quiet and easy to drive. I'd buy another because of the excellent used pricing and it has held its value since I purchased it in 2012. Well my dept is paid off so we'll see if I decide to keep it. Looking at Honda Ridgelines but boy are they pricey. I'd recommend the Duro Cross model, which is what I have.

Great work truck

qtcountrybo, 03/15/2012
LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 06 Raider brand new and finally got rid of it with just over 101,000 worry free miles. It was a good truck and very relaible. The only complaint that I ever had was the not so good mpg's which averaged only 15 to 16 no matter how I drove. Maybe a five or six speed auto would have made that better.

Give me a RAIDER!

Todd Bonsang, 06/09/2006
Duro Cross V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just recently purchased my Raider and the very next day I had a cat-back exhaust custom built for it and WOW what a difference. The timid sounding Raider opened WIDE! I also put a k&n filter on it, 33-2175. It costs about $40 for the k&n. Shortly after instaliing the goodies, the performance probably jumped easily 20-25 h.p. So forget about the bigger h.p. Dakota or even the more h.p. V6 Tacoma and Frontier. Because the bottom line is that torque=power and the Raider beats them both stock. And do a mod or two and you'll smoke 'em. I contacted Hypertech about a power programmer also. I can't wait! Another 25-30 horses await. But the bottom line is that you see a Tacoma, Frontier and Dakota on every corner.

Mitsubishi Raider

truck boy, 03/14/2006
Duro Cross V6 4dr Extended Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I called many dealers and got a killer deal on my Mitsubishi Raider in Rosevile, CA. I had to get it. As far as looks go it is the meanest looking truck out there, but the motor feels a little weak for the V6. It only has 210 HP but I need the better gas mileage. It rides like a car but feels like a truck

Big Bang for your Buck!!!

Casey, 06/19/2007
Duro Cross V6 4dr Extended Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Raider Duro Cross for just over a year and I love everything about it. The Alpine 508w system is awesome. The handling is great. Highway gas mileage is awesome, especially when you combine a K&N air filter with a true dual exhaust system. The power is nice too. This truck is worth every penny and nobody can beat the warranty that it comes with or the price!