Used 2009 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

Great and reliable SUV
By Jose Segnini

2009 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great SUV

Everthing I was searching for!
By nels79

2009 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After searching high and low for a family car, I came across the Outlander. I was tipped off by being the chosen brand for the Paris/Dakar endurance race as the support vehicles being that they were champs 10y in a row. That said, I wanted something that you don't see passing by you 50 times a day on the road. Its a pretty unique SUV.
This is my first SUV but I'm familiar with the Jeeps and Murano. So far I am very please with it, I got the lower end 4C engine for better gas economy. Still had all the power I need on and off the road. The paddle shifts work great when you need to downshift and take off! Snow, rain, sand and mud. No Problem! Great features and fuel economy at good price tag!

-All the compartments. -Multimedia System Navigation (although could get an update!!) -Rear hatch flat door -Sound system! -CVT Transmission FWD AWD and 4X4 are great options! -Paddle shifts -Keyless entry and door locks -AC 400W plug very useful when camping or at the beach!

-Update the MMCS, I would really like to see a new interface! -The Paint should be more resistant. -The rear 3rd passenger seat should have been better planned.

Mitsubishi Outlander Lease Experience
By hunh

2009 Mitsubishi Outlander ES 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The car was fine; the company is quite slimy. They did not respond to complaint letters. Then they tried to bill me thousands in phony repairs. They also tried to charge a late fee. The car was returned late because the person they asked me to contact was on vacation for two weeks. Then he turned out to be a slaesman from Mitsubishi trying to sell me a new car. What a mess!

OK Overall, But 3 Warranty Visits in 1yr
By Tanya1921

2009 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Overall, the Outlander is great. Awesome sound system (stock), but the doors don't automatically lock, and I have taken it in 3x in a year for warranty repairs: molding on kick plate came off, A/C adapter stopped working, and excess glue on the windshield which was causing all the wiring to be exposed. My Honda's never had problems like this. It gets time consuming and my time is worth something. Paddle shifters are useless- no one really uses them in a 4 cylinder SUV. I have to yell at the bluetooth speaker to be heard.

Sound system. Nice design.

Automatically locking doors, ditch paddle shifters.

Ladybug
By gulati

2009 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Our XLS AWD is Rally Red, and aptly named Ladybug! Wasn't so sure about leaping for a SUV, having driven cars for nearly 30 years, but the Outlander is very responsive and easy to drive. Not so sure about reliability yet, but after 20 years of sturdy Mitsus, I'm not terribly worried. Only concern would be mpg, but the trade-offs - comfort, utility, safety - seem to make it all worthwhile.

Heated leather seats! Spunky 6-cylinder & decently mated 6-speed. Visibility is quite good, and never realized how much I'd like a rear windshield wiper. Interior lighting is decent, and exterior lighting is terrific. Didn't care for FASTkey at first, but now I want all doors to open automatically!

Only quirk so far is the tight space around the seats, which makes adjustments and seatbelts tricky.