Used 2006 Mercury Milan Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Milan for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...25

Pros
Cons

Not Exactly Pleased

Hayley, 03/10/2009
Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Loved interior & exterior at purchase. Too bad it didn't last. The window control panel on the driver's side door pops out each time you close the door. I feel like the car is straining when I accelerate. Then when the car had about 25,000 miles on it, it began to hesitate when I tried to accelerate. It got to the point where the car would not respond when I pushed the gas pedal, it would hesitate and then eventually would go, but when it did it would shoot my RPMs up high. This was dangerous, especially in an intersection. The car was under warranty at the time, and they ended up replacing the coil packs (?). This corrected the problem. I'm not impressed with this car & would not recommend.

What a great car!

Tom, 01/11/2019
Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car in 2007 and have had it ever since. Car now has 215K miles on it. Aside from routine maintenance (it has been religiously maintained per the owners manual), we have only repaired the 1) starter and 2) spent about $600 on the supension (both front an rear). Otherwise original engine and everything else, doesn't use oil, has started 100% of the time and ready to go. I cannot believe what a cheap car this has been for us to own. Have had support from 3 different Ford dealerships and have found them all to be amazing. Interior has aged very well, no torn seats, etc. still comfortable to drive. It willl not wow you withits handling (I describe it as a heavy, ponderous car), but engine and acceleration still more powerful than most after all these years, uses no oil at all. Driven in the Midwest winters, very effective traction control. Highly recommended if looking for a cheap and reliable used car. I plan to drive this til it dies, and it shows no signs of doing so!

Good car if you like to baby it after 100,000 mi

Dakota B., 04/28/2016
4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great car. Very comfortable, probably the most comfortable car ever. Its easy to get my down-syndrome uncle in and out. But, the downside is that at about 100,000 miles the transmission will start to slip after driving it about 25-30 minutes, so I can't trust it to pass on the highway. Will more than likely never buy one again :( which makes me said because I loved it at the beginning

Been a good car thus far

atxredhead, 03/09/2011
4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this Milan in Sept 2010 with 36,000 miles on it. We have put approximatly 20,000 miles on it already and we havent had any problems. Transmitions fine...Gas mileage is decent, its comfortable and roomy (even with two car seats in back) I have notices one thing though, when I first start it the RPMs run high, but if I give it a second (literaly) they go back down to normal. Certainly the best used car Ive ever had. My husband missed the "get up and go" of our 3.9 liter Impala that we had before it, but we have two kids and Im not trying to haul ass around town or anything, so its perfect. I LOVE the side cutain airbags, makes me feel like the kids are safe! Good car thus far!

Replace Transmission

Kimber, 10/11/2010
Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car! But after owning it only 9 months (purchased used) the transmission went out! No warranty with 39k miles! It has a auto trans so I'm not sure how this happened? Now I'm stuck with the repair/replacement bills. Will never buy another Mercury again. I bought only after my Mercury sable was a total loss from a guy hitting me. Not a happy Mercury owner right now. Will prob trade off and cut my losses! : (

12345...25