2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

UPDATE ON MY S 450 SEDAN
By abacomike

2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S 450 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 9A)

My S450 now has 6350 miles on the odometer. It continues to be problem free - never have had to return it to dealership for any adjustments or problems. Fuel economy continues to excellent - 31.5 mpg highway - 21 mpg around town - 23.5 mpg average. The twin turbo V6 engine continues to awe me because I still can’t believe the power and acceleration in this car. It still rides and handles the same as the day I picked up the car new.

I really can not recommend any changes to this vehicle - it is smooth riding, handles effortlessly, is comfortable to sit in any seat (front or back), the audio is crisp and clear like sitting in a music hall, 360 degree camera shows your car’s position relative to the surroundings, interior is exquisite and functional for driver and passengers, and the adaptive cruise control is a treasure when driving on the interstate for an extended period of time. I’ve tried the self-parking feature but prefer not using it since I never have to parallel park.

Technology is impressive - but I caution those interested in this vehicle that the learning curve for the myriad of technologies and their use is long. I would estimate that it took me 3 months of driving it to master most of them. Every so often I come across something new that I did not know existed. I guess it kind of awes you as you learn more and more about this car’s capabilities.

This one’s a KEEPER!

I LOVE THIS CAR!

Back In The "High Life" Again!
By abacomike

2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S 450 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 9A)

This is a truly refined automobile. I traded in my 2017 BMW 740i for the 2018 S450. There is very little comparison to the two cars. The Mercedes is quick, smooth riding and handling, stays in a straight line with little driver input which was not the case with the BMW 7 Series. The vehicle corners precisely and does not handle like a 4500+ pound luxury sedan - but more like a 3800 pound vehicle. This car is, without doubt, the most beautiful, fun-to-drive and most comfortable luxury sedan I have every driven - and I have owned more than 40 luxury sedans in my lifetime. The pricing on this car is about $10,000 less than the S560 - mostly due to the V6 bi-turbo as opposed to a V8 bi-turbo. I drove both models and found the S450 to be a bit more nimble. Be prepared to surround yourself in the epitome of luxury, performance, audio, as a well as a myriad of driver safety features like adaptive cruise, adaptive lane departure, adaptive blind spot monitoring (which cause the car to remain in the lane if a car is detected on either side of you. Self-steering is precise as is the adaptive cruise. I'll update my review as I build up the miles. In summary, this is a luxury sports sedan while the BMW 7 series tends to be a more sporty handling vehicle. The new 9 speed transmission and driver-selected ride and handling options (Comfort, Sport, Economy) make the world of difference in this new S Class entry. Audio System is not to be believed - like listening to a live performance.