Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

my first benz
By Paul

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this car with some mileage but still under warranty. So far I have enjoyed it quite a lot. I previously drove Mazda RX8, which was like a gokart, but grew out of it and bought a used MB. I get around 23MPG mixed with 60-70% highway, which is an improvement over my RX8. The car is great, although handling is not as sharp as I am used to, much more on a luxury side, but still chassis is tuned nicely and wants to deliver. I wish ESP could be completely turned off, but I did manage to spin it. Acceleration is more than enough and transmission works very smoothly. Sound system is phenomenal. Love the car and can't get enough driving it. It should have a bluetooth. BT cradle is available.

6 disc in dash CD, built in sirius, GPS, 7 speed tranny

bluetooth (although one can purchase a bluetooth cradle), option to completely disable ESP.

My "Awesome E"
By gdhr11

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought my CPO 2007 E350 just a couple of weeks ago. This makes my 7th Mercedes-Benz. I currently also own a 2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK350. This car is just amazing! It is quiet, fast, sleek and so comfortable. Mine is black on black with the Sport Package and Premium 1 package. In a word, the car is stunning! My previous MB's have included another E class, two S classes, an SL and a C class. This E is just perfect...not too big and not too small. I can't wait to take it on a long trip. The build quality and workmanship is terrific and I feel confident driving it and very well protected.

The Nav, Sirius and voice recognition system. Oh, did I also mention the beautiful Black Birdseye Maple trim!

The Command system could use to be a little more intuitive but that has been corrected in my 2010 GLK as well as the 2010 E class.

Great performance, mileage, terrible GPS
By Robert

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I love the horsepower and the mileage. The car flies and I get over 28 MPG on the highway and 22 MPG overall. Mine did have a cylinder head replaced at 2500 miles but it has run great ever sense. The hood does not line up perfectly which is not something I expected from MBZ. This is my fourth Mercedes but it will probably be my last because of the navigation system. The GPS is the worst product I have ever purchased and I am very familiar with GPS systems. After two years of trying, I give up. It simply does not work. It proposes ridiculous routes, is difficult to use, shows irrelevant points and leaves off significant towns, even on interstates. I wish there was a fix for it.

Horse power and gas mileage.

Provide a GPS that works.

A Great Machine
By Fedvet

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Purchased a CPO E320 Bluetec with 24K miles. Impressed with build quality, drive ability, features. I'm 6'4, 220 lbs, and have plenty of leg, hip and headroom both as a driver and as a passenger (can sit comfortably behind driver's seat which was set to my specs). Took a 1K mile shakedown to NW PA and averaged about 35.5 mpg in mostly highway driving between 70 - 75 mph. Stone quiet, provides a great sense of confidence in ride and handling qualities. Only quibble is the COMMAND radio system, for its apparent sophistication, has no satellite radio standard. I do not miss nav - that's why I use AAA maps!

Powertrain Quality Appearance

Satellite radio should have been standard

What a car
By Dave J

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Just purchased a CPO Bluetec with 24K. Dealer experience was excellent. In two weeks have put on two thousand miles of primarily highway driving between 70 - 76 mph. Average MPG is slightly over 35. Systems are A-1; everything is intuitive. Extremely comfortable and supportive seats in MB Tex. Will check back in after first D service in 8 K miles.

Engine Comfort Class