Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Great Reliable Car
By jim biedenweg

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

We wanted new technology so bought a 2016 MB E350. Car received regular maintenance at MBI in Portland, OR (Kevin). Records available. New front brakes, radiator July 2016.

Best German car you can buy for all weather luxury
By Brian

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E430 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

Owned my 2000 MB E430 4matic for 5 years. bought with 160k, now has 202k... very few issues outside the norm.. transmission module was biggest at $800. Trans has had some slight slippage past year but only 1-2 gear at part throttle... never gotton worse. Absolute TANK in snow! Drives quiet, decent power, quality paint and interior... gonna pass down to my son in 4 years....

It's old but I love it!
By Craig M. Lee

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E430 4dr Sedan

At this age you can expect things to need repairing. I have an excellent Mercedes mechanic who keeps the Maintainance up. Not sure I could afford it if I had to go to the dealership. They charge more than double than my mechanic.

E 320 from my experience
By Harrison Anderson

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

I purchased a 2002 E320 over 2 years ago. I have owned a lot of cars in my 60 years. This is my first Mercedes. Purchased with 161k miles. Now over 202k. This is the best car I have ever owned. I love driving it. I love the body style. the reliability. the comfort. Some repairs but nothing major.

so impressed I found 2 more. a 2001 for my wife and by accident came across a 2000. My wife loves hers. the 2000 will be for my daughter when she gets her license.

comfort, body style / reliability

Looks Can Be Decieving
By taha1

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

As someone from newer generations, this car isn't exactly what anyone would call "cool" or even "pretty" for that matter. It deserves a kind of special look to see it's beauty.
It's obviously devoted to luxury; the seemless steering, the leather interior, the silenced exhaust. However, put your foot down and it gives off a different nature. This is the type of car that you could take to a high class party and then if you wanted to get down and dirty, it'd be ready for it with no regrets. I've never been so astonished with a v6 designed in the 90s than I am with this car. It's even faster than some American V8s. The car now has 202k miles and besides some minor electricals. Its great.

This was actually one of the most reliable and devoted chasis of the mercedes benz era. For example, the engine uses a chain instead of a normal timing belt and it can last almost 240k miles. The auto-manual transmission still drives smoothly and adapts at 202k and the engine is doing its best and rewarding. I have this car with the 4matic option and the All Wheel Drive really helps to push all that 225hp 258 Ibs-ft. Torque to the ground. Also, the overall attitude of the car, it would be a mature ride if needed, but it could also spread a smile across your face just like you wanted. It's a playful chasis, but also serious and refined.

With these cars, electrical problems are bound to happen. Sensors go bad. Lights go out. Nothing that can't be fixed with periodic mantinence. (Which I've exceeded by 30k and still had no problems with). The solid core of the car however is doing great and that's all you really need to keep a car going.