Used 1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Love this car too much
By Aj russo

1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1998 c280 in 2010 with 124,000 miles on it. 7 years later it is still going with 255000. I can't say enough about how great this car is. It's fast, handles great, is comfortable and still looks great. Repairs have been more ware and tear that surprises and contrary to popular belief parts are reasonable and I don't have a problem finding some one to work on it.

Its all that and than some!!!
By Carl L. Collins

1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

I purchase my 1998 brand new and its been under my wings sense day one in Excellent Mint Condition you can eat off the engine seeing I am OCD, it has about 80k miles and still going stronger than these new vehicle on the market. I have only done maintenance and replaced a few battery on it whereas my other vehicles have cost me far more. I have gotten my every pennies worth plus some with this being the best vehicle purchase I have every spend. I have gotten hundreds of offers to buy but until the right one comes if there is one she will go to her grave if not me first.

Not a "cookie cutter" car owner of many MBZ
By Debi Ramazani

1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

Hubby got this for me 4 years ago at 142k absolutely love this car, great on gas fun to drive and after adding 40k to miles just had to replace timing chain. This one has never failed me. I have the sport package and anyone who gets in it just says "wow". Can not even list all the MBZ have owned over 28 years together but told him this one is it .

Ole Reliable
By dluvly01

Never let me down plan on 1 million miles >

16 years later still a good car
By jurrell

1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

we have never had the car in the shop, for major problems, just o2 sensors replaced a few times and a few other maintenance parts, still drives well and has held up well 146k miles or so and you still take it on a 6 or 8 hour trip without worrying about anything bad happening to it

good car all in all