Used 2002 Mazda MPV Consumer Reviews

Used MPV for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

Great MiniVan!

pgp, 05/24/2002

I needed a full size SUV. My wife wanted a Minivan. Finally both of our wish got fulfilled how?. You guessed it right! We bought 2002 MPV ES. It's great minivan which looks and feels like a SUV. It has all most all the features of Odyssey yet it is lot cheaper than Odyssey and readily available to drive it home same day unlike Odyssey where you have to wait at least 3 months. We love the drive and comfort.

was in love for six years; now betrayed!

sofla, 04/07/2009

I absolutely have loved this vehicle until this week. Bought it new off the lot, invested in all the recommended maintenance. So easy to handle, with a sportier look than most mom-vans. I have loved its versatility; it has been spacious enough inside for 2 kids and a dog on many 1,000-mile round trips. No problems, but last week stopped cold in the middle of a busy road. Two dealers haven't been able to isolate the problem, but we're getting a new (refurbished) $3,000 engine. Thought it was the coil, but replacing that didn't help. Now I don't trust that it won't do the same thing to me somewhere else! Really thought doing so much preventive maintenance would put us better off than this

ZOOM ZOOM is it lol YEAH BABY

MY2cents, 05/24/2002

well in one week i have added 1000 KM to my MAZDA MPV DX and i love the power, 200HP. LOVE the service i got from the dealer! quick and help full.

Impressed--Car-Like Feel in a MiniVan

dwc, 05/27/2002

Searched for well over a month, made final choice of MPV LX (Price, reliability trail, consumer interest/ratings, bang for the buck -- this Mini sells itself!) Would have liked a few of the options on the ES but not the leather ..Having said that, the LX is well equipped with Luxury package and Rear air .. neat feature is rear air controls. Very stable on the highway, handles like a car...tight suspension/steering.

Great Looking Ride

Caroline, 05/31/2002

I've had this vehicle about a month. It drives very well and handles much more like a car than a van. The van gets a lot of compliments for it's styling and the features. I bought the LX with the luxury and security packages, roof rack, cassette, and rear step bumper. Overall, it's a great, sporty mini-van.

I love my MPV, but...

Caroline, 01/12/2008

I've owned my 2002 MPV for almost 5.5 years now. In that time, I've have no problems with it at all. The only times it's been in the shop are for routine maintenance. But, 2 days ago, the transmission died on me while driving on a highway and here's the kicker - it only has 34,845 miles on it!

A Winner!

MPVer in Michigan, 06/02/2002

Did my research. Honda was our second choice, but the interier was too boring and the vehicle was bigger than we needed/wanted. The MPV was the perfect fit. Size and features are very nice and the price very competive. I didn't want a van, but now I love it!

My 1st mini-van and I like it

gakster, 06/05/2002

We have been pretty much anti-mini-van until we found out that 3rd kid is on the way. Test drove the Oddy, Sienna & Quest and the MPV. The MPV is the best handling and most maneuverable of the lot. Picked up a 2002 Silver LX, security pkg, rear a/c, roof rack and couldn't be happier. Really like the space and handling (for a mini-van).

Vehicle is over 7yrs old, with 166600

M. Kontny, 07/12/2009

I bought my Mazda MPV Mini Van in 2005 and now it has 166,000 miles on it. I have had no major problems with my van, the only draw back is that the vehicle is starting to show rust in certain areas. I live in Wisconsin and we had a pretty harsh winter last year so there was plenty of salt to do the damage it has done to my vehicle. Otherwise, it still runs like a charm, do regular maintenance on it, replace tires once now they need to be replaced again. Air conditioner isn't working, need to have that checked. Rear heat isn't functioning due to the fact that the piping that runs within the rear wheel well has rotted out. Will have to fix this also. But overall, I really like the Mini Van.

What a great VAN !

Gundam, 06/08/2002

Just bought one and fall in love in driving this VAN. You don't feel like driving a VAN, thanks Mazda designed something different, big sun roof, side window roll down, monster 9 speakers sound systems, it is just a great one. Bought a ES 02 White w/GFX package in May. Power door is really nice and quick, 17" rim are excellent, handling is good, very easy to park, and more .... believe me, if your family size is small (small for me is less than 6 people), get this one, don't get the bus ! You won't regret it. Zoom-zoom !

12345...15