Used 2002 Mazda MPV Consumer Reviews

Used MPV for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...29

Pros
Cons

The Best Choice

Zoom -Zoom in NJ, 01/10/2003

This is our first minivan...and we are completely satisfied. Honda wasn't willing to negotiate an inch- and Sienna was too big with DULL exterior styling. We have an infant and a toddler so we weren't ready for the huge mom-mobiles! We got an excellent dealer incentive- and great treatment. Drives and handles like a car. My son loves his "new big car"! We take turns driving. By far this was the best choice. GFX, Luxury, Entertainment, Security packages.

never again

mitcam, 01/17/2003

I think this van is pretty to look at but not much else given teh $$ you pay to own it there aren't a lot of fun features and if you think about cutting costs by not having the higher end AC/Heat package because it is a small van think again, it takes forever to cool down or warm up this van. The vents under the front seat are not large enough or powerful enough to control the temp. It is very small, can be very cramped in the front with average size adults in both seats. Overall good handling but definitly sacrifice space and comfort in this van.

MPV LX

mfenrn, 12/06/2006

I traded my Camry in to buy "a van" because of my ailing father who required an electric wheel chair. It was a purely practical decision based on needs and good reviews. Little did I know how much use I was about to get from it with the upcoming hurricane season! It hauled all the plywood and related supplies needed with ease. It also accommodated the 7 foot collapsible ramps and Jet Three wheel chair for Dad, still allowing room for luggage and extra passengers. I fell in love with this car/van. It drives and rides like a car, looks nicer than any other van (my opinion), handles beautifully! My only complaint rests with the transmission, which sometimes "revs" when you accelerate.

Good MPV

Chop100, 04/08/2002

We sold a 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee to buy the 2001 Mazda we bought. So far it's a great vehicle. By far the easiest vehicle to drive I've ever owned. great visibility, handling and roads manners. The off the line performance is not great, but generally lack of power is not that noticeable.

Zoom-Zoom -- Believe It!

Pilot, 04/13/2002

Believe it or not, we were deciding between some very different vehicles when we fell for the 2002 MPV, including the Toyota Sienna, Ford Expedition, and the Toyota Sequoia. The MPV won out purely due to a MUCH more bang for your buck reason. Believe the commercials -- Mazda has a great minivan in the 2002 MPV. The drive is very smooth (probably a lot due to the 17-inch wheels), the horsepower is finally there (zoom zoom), the high-end features are definitely there, and although it's a bit early in the running to tell it appears to be built very well.

12345...29