Used 2002 Mazda MPV Consumer Reviews

Used MPV for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

It really is fun to drive!

pigdog, 04/24/2002

Test drove MPV with 200hp. Decided I could live with this very nice van. They are not kidding, it is the anti- mini van . Mazda has a nice web site that allows a detailed search of dealer inventories - even for those dealers who don't show much detail on their individual web sites. This is a nice versatile van. Firm, sporty ride, quick acceleration. Feels like a good euro sedan compared to the boat like ride of many other vans. Quality after two months is superb. Received many positive comments about midnight metallic blue color. Standard sound system is very good.

Nice design, poor execution

NicoleNSteve, 09/26/2008

The MPV is comfortable, and very plush for a mini-van. Power doors in rear, windows that lower on both back doors, leather throughout, and a nice sound system. This is the second MPV we purchased brand new from dealer. And the second that has required a new transmission at about 40K. Mazda helped us the first time,after much pushiness on our part, but refused on the second. Maybe they figure we should have learned our lesson? It's too bad. It drives well, and the only other serious complaint is lousy mileage. But no more Mazdas for us.

Love it!

newtomazda, 04/28/2002

This is my first minivan and first Mazda. So far, I am very impressed on both accounts. It is so easy to drive and priced in my market. I was interested in moving up to a family car but this minivan had so much more to offer. Way better than the Honda that everyone rates so highly. I think Mazda needs to promote this van more!

MPV ES 2002

AAS, 04/29/2002

Owned for 2 weeks, we love this MPV ES, it handles and accelerate very well. It has comfortable ride, just that wind noise above 50mph, but it could be jut the roofrack

Absolutely Love It!

Family Man, 05/12/2002

This minivan has it all! We love the third row seat fold away and how it reverses for tailgates etc.. The handling is superb, the 200 hp engine is fantastic. The overall attention to quality detail is great. This minivan is comfortable, well made and has some zip to it. We have been a Mazda family for many years, from my 83 RX-7, my wife's former 323, my mom's 626 to her new Protege', we have experienced the dependability of these wonderful cars. Take a look and compare it to the Honda and you will see that you get a great deal and save some bucks too! Believe me, the fold away third seat is a must!

great van

Skinsfan, 05/08/2002

I purchased my MPV in may of 2001. It has been a great van for our family its not too small, and its not too big its just the right size. We have taken our MPV all over the east coast and its performed outstanding.

Problem after a week

Mateusz, 05/10/2002

Purchased my MPV recently. Its very nice and comfortable car. One sour node was that after a week check engine light came on. Dealer needed three days to repair. Came out that transmission control computer failed and needed to be replaced. Hopefully I will have better luck with it in the future.

Great Minivan

gem76_girl, 05/14/2002

This mini van a great mini van with a good price. Our first choice was the over priced Honda Odyssey. After reviewing all of the mini vans on the market we came across the MPV. I believe it is the most comparable to the Honda Odyssey with a better price.

LUVRMPV

msgjvh, 05/19/2002

Vehicle is performing very well. I have the 2000 and would love to get the 2002. You will not be disappointed. 50K miles and still have not redone the brakes!!!

Mazda MPV

Joe Shmoe, 05/19/2002

A fine van with very few if any liabilities. Would love to have some of the Japan only options, but its fine as is.

12345...15