Used 2002 Mazda MPV Consumer Reviews

Used MPV for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...29

Pros
Cons

My unreliable 2002 MPV

Nigel, 01/10/2009

My experience started with trading in my 2000 MPV, which had been reliable but underpowered, for the 2002. The tires went bald at 55k km (about 30k miles) and I had to pay lots for Turenza's with a 150k tread warranty. After the warranty expired lots of problems - front axle stabilizers both went during a road trip, hand brake cable ($250 to fix!), rear shocks, tranny cooler, 4 sets of front rotors, and finally the transmission linkage while it was getting serviced at the dealership!! Mileage was always poor for the 3L engine and tranny frequently banged while shifting from 2nd to 3rd. Reflashing the computer didn't help. Happy ending though - I got $3k trade in last week for a Matrix!

converted mom

UnJung, 09/29/2002

Wasn't going to consider a mini-van but after driving in a carpool last year, I needed a car w/more seating capacity. I loved my Sable wagon but didn't want to bend and move my stuff from the back. My husband wanted the GMC Envoy and so did I until I saw the MPV. My first impression was that it didn't look like an "ugly bubbly" mini-van. After the test drive, I was sold. It handled like my car and I liked the fact that my 2 kids would be in separate rows. Less fighting! Picking up 5 little kids for school, this works perfectly. I've had it a week and I'm enjoying driving a van.......I've joined the "band of motherhood!"

One of best cars I've ever driven

mazda_guy, 03/21/2002

I bought this car a month ago. This is one of the best cars I ever had. Very quiet even at high speeds. At 80 MPH engine rev at only 2300 RPM. Plenty of power with 200 HP. Great acceleration.

2002 MPV ES Rating

Excalibur1993, 05/21/2002

Took out for one hour test drive and look over before buying. Went back with my head between my legs. I couldn't find anything wrong with it at all. Everything was there. No scratches. Ran great. And Zoom, Zoom, Zoom. Sure is fun to drive.

Warning...This van sucks!

Cancer Patient, 01/03/2003

This is the 1st vehicle I had to get rid of within a 2 yr. period. The heating system sucks - no even distribution, the gear is in the way of my radio & A/C, Very hard to remove any stains from carpet, Front cup holders are not secure - soda tips over all the time, CD plays when it wants to, loud engine when idling, no pick up, sulfur smell and the serv. dept. can't figure out the problem, 1 "old" mazda protege loaner vehicle in the entire dealership only for repairs beyond 48hrs. If you want some real service..purchase from Honda, Toyota, or Lexus where the service is A-1

12345...29