Used 2002 Mazda MPV Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used MPV for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Not your Mama's Mini-Van

TrueBeliever, 03/10/2002

This is the mini-van for you if you're looking for space but don't want to sacrifice sportiness. It's fun to drive and extremely comfortable. Handling is more car-like than you can imagine. It's loaded with convenient features. Mazda scored a BIG hit with this MPV. I highly recommend a test drive.

good van, lousy factory tires

zzz, 01/15/2003

It's a great van. Fuel efficiency could be better. After 20k miles, it's still very solid. Factory Dunlop tires are crap. Coolant reservoir seems to overflow a bit since new. Easy to maintain (mainly fluid changes).

Great & Sporty

ms_pink, 07/08/2003

I love my van, what can I say others havn't. Just got back from a trip cross country, great gas mileage, 391.7 was the farthest I ever took it. Very satisifed Customer, want to upgrade to sunroof and fog lights. I will be a repeat buyer.

New to the minivan

prlamz, 03/17/2002

We now have 600 miles on our new MPV and feel very good about our choice so far. We had planned on buying an Odyssey but, luckily, did not find one in time. We were a little anxious to drive a behemoth. The MPV feels like a car. It takes less place in our garage than the Volvo station wagon it replaces. The power of the engines makes us long for a manual transmission.

Disappointing Mazda

Donna Roque, 03/27/2008

My husband and I purchased this minivan used with 40,000 miles on it. It was our first mini van. It is fully loaded with all the features we wanted. The first year was fine with no problems. Since the summer of 2007 we have been to the dealership (not where we purchased it) at least 6 times or more for repairs. We have 2 kids and having to go back and forth for repairs is a real inconvenience. Our main problems have been faulty ignition coils, idle control valve and an oil pan seal gasket. Lucky for us we purchased an extended warranty which has covered about two thirds of our costs thus far. This is the first vehicle that we have ever owned that has given us this much trouble.

Zoom, Zoom

psc, 03/26/2002

Test drove, plan to buy in summer. New engine is wonderful addition to already well concieved design. The right size for parking, carrying stuff and exploring. With or without the kids.

consider MPV it's a 9.9 for us!

matluoma, 03/29/2002

excellent van & worth it! don't just take my word for it - you should consider this van. no concerns about power & torque. (hp to weight ratio is awesome - so don't just compare hp to hp...0

For a niche buyer

sugoiya, 03/29/2002

I bought this car out of pure necessity. I couldn't wedge anything bigger into the underground parking stall for our condo. The new 300hp V6 gives it a surprising zip when passing or driving on hills, and the smaller wheel base provides excellent maneuverability on our narrow city roads. The folding 3rd row seat was also an important feature to me since I don't have a garage. The trade off for the MPV's small size comes at the expense of passenger comfort, especially for the poor souls sitting in the third row. Definitely unsuitable for long commutes.

Our favorite van

Bobaran, 04/01/2002

We looked for over a year researching and driving vans, basically waiting for the right deal to come around. If price was not a consideration we would have gone with the Mazda. It just so happened that we got 0% and dealer invoice so we got our dream van, no settling for a Caravan.

My Silver Bullet is a great vehicle.

R. F. Peterson, 09/16/2018
LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

It needs 0-2 censors replaced and a tune up. The rear air conditioner needs to be re-connected. It has new shocks, new brakes a new radiator and a new water pump. The radiator and water heater were replaced after someone hit the back bumper of the van and pushed it into a pole in a parking space . It is still very dependable and has only failed me twice in all the years I've owned it. I need a smaller vehicle as I no longer care for 5 grandkids....otherwise I would NEVER sell it.

51050