Used 2002 Mazda MPV Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used MPV for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Great Van (desert sand w/GFX)

MPV Owner, 09/05/2003

Our previous van was a '93 Quest GXE so I am very comfortable with the size of the MPV. The power is excellent (climbing mountains is a breeze. I love the vehicle: great looks, size, handling, power and features. Hate the shift lever. The blower for the rear air could be stronger but if cools nicely (but a little slowly). I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. We wanted a 2003, but they dumped the luxury package but we were able to find an '02 with the luxury and GFX packages. The GFX package makes a huge difference in the appearance.

Excellent van so far.

mayday2, 09/16/2003

We didn't want a huge van, so we tried the MPV. It has many of the same features as the Odyssey, but smaller and less cost. We have take a couple of trips and driven it around town, and it has performed very well so far. It also handles nice for a mini-van, and the interior feels bigger than it looks.

Love our MPV

whatever 2549, 08/10/2003

We bought this vehicle due to it's smaller size than the other mini- vans. Seating 6 comfortably with a fold down 3rd row seat served our family of 4 perfectly. The V6 motor is peppy and doesn't get bogged down under heavy loads. Drives great in the city and highway. I can sit in the seats for extended hours with no pain from my arthritic back. We've had no problems with the vehicle since we drove it off the lot.

zoom zoom zoom back to the service dept.

bamaengineer, 09/18/2003

I have been disappointed by the performance of the 02 MPV so far. To start with, I have been in for warranted repairs three times with only 20k miles: Idler problem, Check engine light, and rattling sliding doors. They still haven't fixed the sliding doors. The style and handling are great, but I hate to think what will happen when the warranty is over.

Good for Us

Paul E Oakes, 12/02/2003

This is the right size for us. We appreciate the roominess and versatility of this size vehicle. We enjoyed '95 and '98 Honda Odyssey but Odysseys got too large. Glad Mazda was there with this size van.

Noldan's review

C Noldan, 12/04/2003

Mazda's 2002MPV has been a real joy to own. I have never driven a more comfortable (seating) car. It handles as well as or better than any car I have owned. Because of my husband's handicap, I purchased this vehicle (the way the rear seat drops down into the rear well) to store his wheelchair. I certainly will purchase a Mazda the next time around.

A Van That Feels Like a Car

marc9595, 12/16/2003

We bought an MPV in 2001. In 2002, we were in an accident and the van was totaled. Nobody was hurt. Because of its safety record and our pleasurable driving experience with the MPV, we replace the totaled MPV w/ a 2002 MPV. We have almost 30,000 miles on the van and have had no difficulties with it at all. Gas mileage has ranged from 18 around town to as high as 29 on the highway. The MPV is a bit smaller than most vans, but I would recommend it if you have a smaller family. It probably wouldn't be as useful to us if we had for teenagers for example.

Great car

Peter, 08/25/2005

It's a great choice for people who are looking for a small minivan. Definitely many notches more practical than most SUVs. Use it to transport people & large items. Fuel economy is pretty good.

MPV: Makes the Most Sense

BRANDON CHASE, 08/29/2005

I purchased my MPV nearly a year ago and have not been disappointed in any way. Whenever I see shoppers at home improvement stores trying to stuff items into SUVS that would easily fit in my MPV, I load up a ROOM of furniture just for kicks. Whenever I am able to park in grass by climbing over curbs when others can't find a parking spot, I pat myself on the back. Whenever I switch on my theater-quality 10-speaker (including subwoofer) 6-CD sound system, I dance. Whenever I crank up the AC on a hot summer day or roll down the REAR windows for the kids, I sneer at the sad offspring in the backseats of other minivans who can't roll down theirs. In short, my MPV makes me feel very good.

excelllent but hopeful

MainelyMazda, 01/25/2004

This has been a GREAT vehicle so far. We love the versatility of a minivan that drives like a car. With two kids starting sports, we needed more room than our wagon could offer.

51050