Used 2017 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used 6 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Still great

Chris from NH, 03/01/2017
Touring w/Prod. End 09/17 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

33 mo. update (61K mi.) -- still great. No issues at all. 19 mo. update (39K mi.) - still still great. Only service has been oil changes and a new set of tires. OEMs wore out pretty fast. 13 mo. update (26K mi) - still great. No problems whatsoever. A wonderful vehicle. 6 mo. update - still absolutely great! average mpg up to 32-34. The critical consensus that this is the "driver's car" (not to mention the beauty) among affordable midsize sedans is spot-on. A true joy to drive on twisty roads, and also a very smooth and comfortable highway cruiser. Steering and suspension are terrific, as is the 6-speed manual transmission (PS the automatic with sport mode is also excellent btw, I am just a lifelong stick shift guy). While a few more horsepower would be nice, overall power is more than adequate and torquey fun if you keep in the RPM sweet spot. In short, complaints about the car being "underpowered" are overdone. What makes this car special is the way all the mechanical elements come together as a package. Mileage so far is right at the EPA ratings, and that's with a heavy foot. Recently experimented with keeping it at 70 on highway and averaged 37 mpg. Interior design, comfort and build quality are also excellent and a big step up from the car a couple of years ago. In short, if you are a driving enthusiast on a budget looking for a midsize sedan, this is your car hands down. Will come back and update this as the miles and years move along. Chris from NH :)

My Second Mazda6 - I Now Own Two

Ken W, 03/14/2017
Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my first 6 in Medellin, Colombia as a 5-year-old used car (a fully loaded 2010 model). I selected it for two primary reasons and many secondary ones. Primary: The South American version has 8 airbags. Other than a few very high-end European models, only the 6 and Kia Optima are so equipped. That ties into my other primary reason. Looks. Although my new 2017 model in TX has been significantly upgraded, they are each uniquely beautiful and clearly related by design evolution. While I could easily afford a more prestigious brand, reliability is much better from Mazda. In Colombia, Mazda doesn't make me stand out as a crime target, either. The two cars are almost identically equipped. My new car in Texas has an instantly noticeable improvement in power over my older car with the same engine displacement. I bought the new car as a Grand Touring model with the GT Premium Package (worth every penny) because I could not find one similar on the used market in the limited time I had to look. The reliability of my older one (it just never breaks) made me fearless about buying used again, but they are hard to find here and now (March 2017). I may never buy another car in either of my two home bases. The luxury, pleasure of driving and quality of fit, finish and materials used simply cannot be matched without spending much more money in either location. My only less-than-great marks are for ride and road noise, but they really aren't negatives. As a 58-year-old man, something smoother and quieter might make me more comfortable. They are also the price of making driving these cars fun, so not really complaints. The bumper-to-bumper warranty could be longer in today's competitive market, but if the car never breaks... ??? I'm sharing this, but secretly hoping not to contribute to spreading the big secret! There may be Korean models with slightly lower prices, and their quality is admittedly good, too, but I doubt that they have all of the features of my cars, and you won't see a dozen other Mazda6 Sedans sharing the parking lot every time you go to the grocery store. To this buyer, individuality has intangible value.

2017 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with Premium Package

Jason B., 12/10/2016
Grand Touring 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 9/17 (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I owned a 2014 BMW 3 X-Drive, and a 2015 MiniCooper S JCW Works Edition prior to this Mazda 6 Grand Touring with Premium Package.. Neither car compares in value for the money, when you combine the looks, tech, drive, comfort, and safety. I was actually shocked when I test drove this car. It was on a whim, because I liked the looks of it. Wow. The body is sexy as hell. I bought the Snowflake White Pearl paint with the brown Nappa leather interior, and 19" wheels.The interior is beautiful, roomy, and comfortable- very upscale with an excellent quality, coupled with all kinds of tech, safety features, and bells & whistles- it put my BMW and Mini to shame! This version essentially drives itself- especially when using the adaptive radar cruise control- simply amazing! The only thing this car doesn't do, is park itself(I am OK with that!). Now, what really surprised me, was how quite the cabin was while driving! I love a quiet cabin- minimal road noise or outside interference- and this car delivers! Love it! You couple that quiet cabin with the 11 speaker Bose surround sound stereo, and holy hell...you are in heaven!! so how does it drive, you may be asking? well, despite no turbo, and no AWD, this car handles amazingly well- nimble, quick, and fun. It has paddle shifters and a Sports mode as well- good stuff! Is it fast and furious? No....not if you are used to driving sporty turbo sedans etc... but for 185 HP, this engine moves and moves well! I am not the least bit unsatisfied "downgrading" from cars with turbos in them. This car is quick, agile, and smooth. It is a joy to drive, plain and simple. trunk space is more than ample- very much so. Beautiful wheels. All LED lights that are devilishly sexy, and turns heads. I bought the car on the spot- that is how much I loved it, that quickly- and I was actually in the market for an Audi or the like! For the money, you CAN'T get better, in my opinion. The gas mileage is excellent as well! I give this car my highest recommendation.

My mazda

Fred, 05/18/2018

Better than my Infiniti.

Great Car

Akin, 11/09/2017
Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I used to own a 2014 BMW 7 series which I loved to death. However, I wasn't in love with the maintenance costs and as faith would have it, the transmission went out on me. I wanted something that was economical to maintain, but still sporty and had a lot of tech features. Looked around but kept on going back to the 2017 Mazda 6 Grand Touring. No regrets whatsoever. It drives like a dream especially in Sport Mode. It looks very stylish inside and out. Most importantly, it has awesome safety fears like lane assist, radar controlled braking to prevent you from hitting the car in front of you and so much more. This car has more bells and whistles than I had in my old beamer. When I had that beamer, I was so used to getting "glances of admiration" or people stopping me to compliment me on my car. I assumed that this would stop. Once I got the mazda. How wrong was I. This car is a head turner. I still get my glances of admiration and I still get the casual "I like your car" or "nice! what car is this?" If you're in the market for a nice car that looks good, drive good and is highly reasonable to maintain and if you no longer want to buy premium gas or $120 oil changes, this is the car for you.

12345...9