2020 Lincoln Nautilus Consumer Reviews

$41,040

Save as much as $8,391
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Outstanding comfort, power, handling and comfort

Richard Meyer, 12/09/2019
Black Label 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

As the owner of a 2007 Linclon MKX with 128,000 miles, which we loved, our first stop in shopping for a new SUV was the 2020 Lincoln Nautilus. The Lincoln dealer near us had just received an Ice Mocha Reserve 1 Nautilus with V6 and AWD, which is exactly what we wanted. The Reserve 1 package included more options that we were necessarily looking for, but included the 360 degree cameras and navigation. One test drive and we were sold. The performance of the V6 w/ AWD was outstanding, and all of the safety features were great to have. This coupled with very helpful sales staff, X-Plan pricing with no needed negotiation, and 0.9% 48 month financing and $2500 in rebates, and we had a new vehicle. I should add that we also test drove the new model 2020 Aviator, but we found it to be too big, and seemed slow in performance compared to the Nautilus. Same engine and transmission, but only RWD. But are beautiful looking vehicles inside and out!

Back to their roots

RCM, 06/05/2020
Black Label 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

While researching and driving mid sized two row SUV's in the luxury category, it became obvious that all the major players were still putting sporty performance at the top of their list. All except Lincoln. Lincoln has decided to get back into the luxury game which originally made them famous. I believe they did this by turning back the clock and remembering the attributes that made them one of the premier providers of a true American automotive luxury experience. They did it by remembering not only what type of people bought their cars, but what they bought them for. I'm talking about older folks who have reached a station in their life where they want to treat themselves to a better class of car. I'm talking about people like realtors who want to chauffeur their clients around with style while making a statement about their success as a competent salesperson. While their new line of luxury SUV's do have sport modes, it is subdued and more like a slight nod to younger buyers. It never even tries to be more important than the luxury aspect, and it's effects when turned on are subtle at best, which is as it should be. The buyers who want a true luxury experience could care less about neck snapping 0-60 performance, off road capability, or high speed corner handling. That's not what true luxury is about, and Lincoln gets kudos for finally remembered that. I bought my 2020 Black Label Nautilus because I have reached that station I mentioned, and because my stiff back likes the ease of entry and exit afforded by the ride height of a mid sized SUV and the not so radical front roof pillar rake common to most cars. I test drove and then rejected offerings from Cadillac, Lexus, and several others because none of them. at least to my sensibilities, had the quiet refined smoothness of handling and ride that I was looking for. The Nautilus rides more like a car than an SUV but is never mushy, and the handling is smooth and precise. Lincoln went all out to make the interior quiet, with better insulation and acoustic glass to help block sound. The audio system emits white noise to help cancel the outside world. Even the wheel wells have sound dampening material to help reduce tire noise. Put all of it together and you have one quiet enjoyable ride. The twin turbo 2.7 has plenty of power without being annoyingly buzzy like I found the Cadillac XT5 to be. It's loaded with all of the desirable tech functions that are popular. Two of my favorites are the Auto Hold function that keeps the brakes applied when you stop so you don't have to keep the brake pedal depressed, and Adaptive Cruise Control that automatically maintains the distance you select to help you maintain a safe following distance. Another feature I really like is the tire pressure monitoring system that shows the pressure on all four tires at once so you never have to guess which one is causing the low pressure alert. I like to listen to music when I drive, and the Revel System is one of the best I've ever had in a vehicle. My Nautilus is dressed in Burgundy Velvet with the Gala Theme Carmine interior, and it is a very pleasing combination. Even with all the available tech, the dash is refined and elegant looking and doesn't look like it would be more at home in a space ship. I could go on and on, but I think I've made my point, which is, if you value luxury first and foremost, you might want to give the Nautilus a test drive. It hits all the marks in that category.

super comfortable - better than expected

John B, 07/24/2020
Black Label 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

We bought this car because my wife has nerve issues in her back and after sitting in almost every SUV available she liked these seats the best. She couldn't ride a mile in her Mercedes without hurting. She just drove 200 miles in the Nautilus and felt great. We got the upgraded seats and they are fantastic. Besides the seats, we are very pleased with the performance and ride of the car. Plenty fast and a very solid ride. She drives in sport mode most of the time because it feels tighter. Standard mode is definitely smoother. I wasn't sure this car was worth $60k, but we wanted those seats. It is very luxurious inside and overall we are surprisingly pleased with the car. The trim we got is not listed in the drop down menu. We got the V6 AWD Reserve.

Ad
Build Your Nautilus Reserve
At a Glance:
  • 3 Trims
  • $49,410starting MSRP
See pricing and options on your next Lincoln
MSRP for Reserve vehicle. Excludes destination/delivery fee plus government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer processing charge, any electronic filing charge, and any emission testing charge. Optional equipment not included. Starting A, Z and X Plan price is for qualified, eligible customers and excludes document fee, destination/delivery charge, taxes, title and registration. Not all vehicles qualify for A, Z or X Plan. Vehicle image shown is for illustration purposes only and may not be base vehicle.

Goodby Bells, Whistles and High prices

Mike, San Antonio, Texas, 11/20/2020
4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Just bought a 2020 Lincoln Nautilus Standard. Am delighted with it and am completely satisfied with the baseline amenities. At 74, I’ve owned, driven and seen just about every type of automobile, truck and motorcycle up to a price of $72,000. Wanted a car that meets my needs of local driving plus occasional 14-hour trips to our second home. I didn’t want three rows of seats. I wanted comfortable leather seats, lots of head and shoulder room, good entertainment system and the quietest and smoothest ride on the highway. I wanted elegance that exceeds that of the neighbors’ family vans. Don’t need zero to sixty mph in five seconds that I never do. Don’t need a sunroof that I never open. Don’t need tricky apps and gizmos that require my grandson to program for me. Wanted a great dealer nearby. Wanted best trade for my virtually new ¾ ton truck. Wanted a great price. Got all of the above in this great new car. Could’ve tricked it out up to $63,000. Don’t need that anymore, either. Price was sixty percent of that truck and my last BMW. I’ve read reviews of every mid-sized SUV up to $60,000. Mine can’t be beat. Go shop.

Hers, his, and OUR vehicles

Wayne G., 08/29/2020
Black Label 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

My wife has her sporty Alfa Romeo; I have my luxurious Jaguar XF, but when we go together we always take our Lincoln Nautilus. If we had only one vehicle, the Nautilus would be it. The quietest vehicle we have driven, with a very smooth and confident ride and all the comfort features you desire. We have been on highway trips a lot recently; enough to appreciate the 23-way massaging seats. Living out west where the speed limit can be 80mph (and the traffic even faster), we love the great handling and acceleration on tap at any speed (2.7L turbo engine). The vehicle has the towing package and will pull our boat effortlessly. The adaptive cruise control makes traffic maneuvers simple; it is really looking out for the driver but insists that you keep your hands (at least one) on the steering wheel. I think we found an excellent dealership; very professional and a good price quoted without playing "footsie". I walked away from another dealership where the price was always rather nebulous.