Used 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:

Very satisfied
By Anela Olsen

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I owned a 2000 Range Rover and had nothing but problems with it but bought the new sport and love it the look is so sporty it looks very classy. I like it better than the big big body.

Navigation has so many things on it this suv is very smart runs off of many computers.

Tailgate too heavy for me to pull down.

Drives Great, Technology Lacking
By Duba3

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

The RRS drives great but, having owned 4 previous Land Rovers, I expected that. This one is, by far, the quickest though. And, it looks great too. Now if the engineers can get the technology up to par with the competition, we would be all set. Case in point: the $2500 rear seat entertainment does NOT come with, nor can it be equipped with, wireless headphones. I usually put all after market entertainment systems in the Rovers but was told NOT to with this one due to integration with the car's computer. So, c'mon guys, let's get a better audio screen and some wireless headphones. I know it can be done...I have done in my last 3 Rovers!!

Supercharged engine...quick brakes...cooler box is definitely a hit with the passengers

Wireless headphones for the RES...a stereo screen that doesn't date to 1982...automatic lift & lower of the tailgate (or at least a lighter tailgate)

excellent early experience
By happy

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have had the vehicle for just over two months and 3000 miles. I have been a long time SUV owner(14 years; five other vehicles), most recently in an FX 45. I spent considerable time "shopping" the Land Rover, BMW and Lexus vehicles. This vehicle was far and above the superior in the group. Recently took a 1200 mile trip with the family and found the vehicle to be quite comfortable and a pleasure to drive. At this point I would highly recommend strong consideration of this vehicle.

Looks, drive, interior comfort and visibility. Tremendous power with the Jaguar engine. Chose a Luxery package vehicle with dynamic stability in a non-supercharge HSE version and find the cornering stability amazing

electric rear hatch closing assist, like all SUVs need to you improve fuel economy. Am most interested in rumors of diesel version with superior economy in the near future.

vroom vroom
By oohmali

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Awesome ride! Superior handling on city streets. Had somewhat of a slight inconvenience occur while out shopping. Had to FOLLOW the culprits. They were driving a Chevy Impala (Pursuit Package). I was driving my RRS. This baby gets UP!!! I was highly impressed with the performance of this sweet SUV. Only problems have been the reverse tilt-mirror feature activates on its own on some occasions. The suspension warning light occasionally activates and will not allow me to change the height of the vehicle without turning the vehicle off and then restarting it.

RRS delivers a sporty, yet sturdy appearance. The rumble at acceleration roars like a tiger.

Change location of the ignition (awkward access). Add hydraulic rear lift gate. Add seat-cooling feature for hot weather. Add one-touch up/down feature to all windows. Add power folding mirrors. Add reverse camera.

loving it
By Brian

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Just took a quick road trip in my new supercharged sport and I LOVE IT! I wasn't sure about buying an SUV but since my needs were changing & a RS4 no longer made sense I went looking for a sport SUV. The Cayenne-S drive was a disappointment and the X5 doesn't really have enough room so the only option was the RR sport super. Having gone on a road trip there is no question this was the right choice. I wanted performance & this is total performance. Acceleration, handling, braking everything is exceeding my hopes. The interior is beautiful but the drive is what really counts. If the maintenance isn't a prob this will easily be the best SUV for those that really wanted a sports car.

acceleration, handling...as close to a sports car as possible. also love the ability to plug my ipod directly into the stereo

so far so good but it's only been a week