Used 2013 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Optima for Sale
Select your model:
12345...18

Pros
Cons

WAY impressed with this car!

c1carroll, 08/17/2014
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Went shopping for a used Optima the minute I realized it was 'car time'. Found a used 2013 with 44K on it, and almost dismissed it out of hand for high miles, until I drove it, then ...WOW! Like it just rolled off factory floor. Loaded EX with ALL the bells and whistles. Have had it for 7 months and another 6K, and I cant find the slightest flaw. Getting about 24 MPG around town, and up to 38MPG on hwy, so I do NOT understand the MPG complaints I've read here. Car drives like it's on rails, and very quiet. My wife has the 2011 Sonata Limited so we're always comparing cars, and she'll admit, the Optima is the better of the 2. For the price, you can't beat it 4 years old now, and still drives like new. 72,000 miles and you cant feel ANY of them. Car is as new. Still getting great mileage and loving all the features. I'll drive this for at least another 6 years (I try to do 10 years on all my cars) without any worries. Other than tires and oil changes, no expense yet! 5 years of ownership now, and still loving this car. Not a day of trouble, and over 78K on it now. Still tight, quiet, and getting me up to 34 MPG on trips. Would 'highly' recommend this vehicle to any potential buyer. I'm sold on Kia. 6 years in...same story holds. Not a SINGLE issue with this car! 84K and performing perfectly. Tight, quiet, comfortable, economic...what else could you ask for. Now granted, I don't abuse it, but I don't baby it either. If you can find one used, don't hesitate to buy, it's going to give you many years of enjoyable driving at an unbelievable value.

warrenty issues

ibergeron, 08/16/2013
SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

the Kia Optima we purchased was our third, we had an Amanti, we purchased a Sorento for our son, and now we have an Optima. the car ran great but it blew the engine. the repairs approved was a re-manufactured engine. Every mechanic I have spoken to said that a new engine in a 1 1/2 year old car with 21,500 miles was the correct repair NOT a re-manufactured engine. If you want a vehicle that will be repaired properly, stay AWAY From KIA.

Great car, but you have to buy a spare tire.

alanbala, 08/09/2012
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have over 1400 miles on our 2013 Kia Optima EX, and we are very impressed with the car. Beware! The car comes without a spare tire, and we had to spend about $210 for a kit and the dealer installed the space saver tire, wheel, jack and lug wrench kit. We still got a good deal, because the car comes with many features at a price point that beats the competition, and the dealer gave us a fair discount plus a "competitive incentive" available from Kia. Acceleration and gas mileage have improved greatly since passing 1000 miles on the odometer. A/C unit is powerful and cools fast. Car is comfortable, roomy, rides and handles well. Upscale look inside and out.

2012 EX Amazing

jerryk007, 09/10/2012
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The Optima EX sedan is an amazing value automobile that I cannot still believe that this vehicle can be built for the cost! Great style; excellent interior design; dash assembly perfectly fit and easy to read; great leg room in rear and front; superior fit and finish for a mid sized sedan. Quiet ride-Yes-acceleration of a V6 in an in-line 4 YES! Changed oil to synthetic. I would highly recommend as one of "the" best in its' class!

KIA Voids the Warrnaty where ever possible

Liz Walsh, 08/13/2015
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a brand new 2013 KIA and the engine failed with just 43k miles Trust me KIA goes out of their way to not honor the warranty Plus their service departments are so understaffed that it took weeks just for them to decide not to honor their warranty they wanted 7k for a new engine and said it would take 5 weeks to fix What a complete joke We called every KIA dealer in the DFW area and the one we took it too in Lewisville was the only one who said they could look at it in a week. And this was before they knew it was an engine problem. Why should a customer have to wait that long just to find out what's wrong with the car? What is the average customer supposed to do when they don't have enough staff to fix their vehicles? Took the car to a local person who will fix the car for 3.2k and have it done in a week. I will never buy a KIA again research carefully their engines fail often and they will find someway to void the warranty. Also they charged $118.00 just to tell us they wouldn't fix the car They have a "goodwill" program that the mechanic said had never once been accepted by KIA

12345...18