Used 2008 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

This old girl has been good to me.
By Barbara Reed

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car in 2010, with 30,000 miles on it. I still have it and it now has 134,000 miles on it. The oil has been changed and fluids checked every 3-5 thousand miles. I've never had it in the shop for repairs and have only changed the battery twice. It's a great little car, I love it. The only thing I could complain about is the paint is beginning to flake and that could be because it's red....I've heard that color was prone to flaking. I drove 30 miles every workday for five years and the car was faithful, even in the snow. It's the second KIA I've owned. The first one was the Sephora and it was also a great little car, though not as well built as my Optima. The Sephora was still on the road the last time I spoke to the owner in 2015. KIA is my favorite make of car.

Hands down, absolute fantastic vehicle!!!
By Annonymous

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car in 2015, the car had 2 previous owners prior to me. When I purchased it, it had a clean title, had never been wrecked, clean body, clean interior, everything worked electronically, and mechanically. It had been very well kept and maintained. It had 100k original miles, and I luckily purchased it off of a private seller at an unbeatable price that you absolutely couldn't refuse. At first, I was hesitant until I had actually seen the car in person, and had test drove it, I had never owned a newer car like such, nor did I have any experience with Kia's, driving them, or knew much about them. But I gave it a shot and took it for a test drive, mind you it was winter time, and there was plenty of snow on the roads. After my first time driving it I was inlove! Completely! I made up my mind, and purchased the vehicle about a week later. The car drove, and handled flawlessly! Easy to drive, very comfortable, very agile, and to be honest it was a fast little thing! I never had any serious problems with it, only normal wear and tear, and normal routine maintenance. All repairs were very affordable, parts werent hard to come by, nor were they expensive. Labor on the vehicle was always very affordable also, every mechanic that had done work on it said it was relatively easy to repair. This car had never steered me wrong! Very reliable, and very safe too!!! It has alot of the newer, luxury, sought out features, like the AUX port, vallet parking safety feature in the trunk, keyless entry, etc. Its very roomy and spacious for its size, seats 5 comfortably, has multiple cup holders, arm rest folds down in the center seat in the back, the back seats come down for more storage room in the trunk, the trunk is a pretty decent size, etc. It has multiple different storage spaces in the front center console, classes holder by the rear view mirror, reading lights, lights in the visors, as well as mirrors. The heat, and AC work great, and circulate great through out the vehicle. It has heated exterior mirrors, which are perfect in the winter. Automatic headlights, which provide perfect visibility at night. Temp. guage, avg mpg, range, and distance display. It has the manual drive, slap stick option which is great in the winter providing you with more traction and control in lower gears. Overall its not bad on gas at all. Also hands down one of the safest cars I've ever owned, or driven! These cars are built like bricks, unfortunately Ive first hand seen how safe these cars are built, due to 2 separate accidents I was in, in this vehicle, and I would never feel unsafe myself or be hesitant to have my child in this car because Ive seen first hand how safe they really are! this car changed my entire outlook on cars, I am now a die hard KIA fan, and will not buy anything other than a KIA because of the experience I had with this model! I would recommend this car to just about anyone, young or old! Fantastic car, I honestly dont think theres 1 thing I could say thats bad about this vehicle! great car!!!

I'll have a Kia please
By DGB

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The only problem I have had is with the computer system and 6 months after purchasing my car they reset the computer because the car was shutting down (not completely) when taking off after a stop. I recently had the same thing happen (5 years later) took the car in and they said that there were no indicators or upgrades to the computer system...I explained the first time and so they reset it again and Yay I have my car back :) It runs great and I love my Kia.

Terrific car
By LPCBuckeye

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new. It now has 125000 miles. I am very pleased with how well this car has done. I consistently average 29 mpg in mixed driving. While first gear is a little tricky, the car shifts very smoothly. I won't be winning any drag races but if I am passing someone on a 2 lane and drop to 3rd. I get around them well. The car handles very well except on wet roads. I have tried different tires but the results are minimally different. I have to be careful and not try to stop quickly or turn quickly on wet roads or the car will fish tail. On dry roads it handles very well and the ride is smooth. Visibility is very good. The stock radio is fine for me. The road noise is not too bad. What I love the most about this car is how reliable it has been. I have had no major problems at all. Have replaced the battery 2 times and the tires 1 time. I started going through oil at @105,000 miles. I had to top it off about every 1600 miles. I just had the car looked at and the plugs and belt replaced. My mileage was 123,500. The man was able to fix the oil leak problem with a very minor tightening of something but I don't remember what. The problem has been solved. I am very pleased with how well this car has held up since I drive it for work so am in it a good bit. I also bought an 07 Kia Rondo with the exact same engine and it is doing well also. I intend to drive this car until the wheels come off. I am very glad I bought it.

Best car I've ever had!
By MARK A PETERSON

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car new in 2008 and now have 93,000 miles on it. The only maintenance items I have had done were rear brakes at 75,000 miles, front brakes at 90,000 miles and new tires. Oh, forgot about the new battery at 46,000 miles (thought that was too soon). I have had the oil changed at 3800 miles on average and changed transmission fluid once. It won't stop being dependable. Love it!