Used 2008 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used XJ-Series for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Wonderful Jag !

gmayfield, 03/02/2011

Very fun to drive. Not sure about reliability as it only has 14k miles. Drives like a dream & very responsive handling and acceleration. 2 quirks I will mention: No back-up camera in navigation system. "beep" signal is very adequate though Rear seat headrests hinder rear outward vision TREMENDOUSLY !!! I wish they could flip down out of the way or could be removed easily. The headrests enlarge the blindspots on both sides, therefore you must rely heavily on rear view side mirrors when changing lanes. Make sure mirrors are adjusted correctly or you WILL cut someone off when changing lanes. Otherwise, one of my most memorable cars to drive & to look at.

Jaguar Vanden Plas (Boca Raton, FL)

J. Lo Re (Florida), 11/24/2007

This car is an absolute dream to drive with a ton of features and a new sportier exterior design in the 2008 model. The interior is beautifully crafted with 2 tone leather seats and elm wood finish. The car just handles extremely smooth and is very comfortable with a long body for tall passengers in the back seat. The drive is very luxurious while it has a feeling of plenty of power (I have the 300 HP version) since the aluminum design makes it lighter than ever. It just handles very well overall and corners extremely well. I have had 2 BMWs previously and this stacks up extremely well (maybe a tad better) to BMW.

Mercedes Beater

Gray Jag, 01/23/2010

I recently bought a Mercedes, trading in mY Range Rover, as I travel long distances on business. After 500 miles I realized it was uncomfortable and poorly built. I then bought my Certified XJ8L and have since put 3000 fast, quiet comfortable miles on the car in three weeks. Although a (very) big car, with room for the times I take my teenage kids, it's aluminium construction means it takes corners quickly, stops quickly and has reasonable gas mileage. It's classic looks in Pearl Gray always attract attention and it stands out from the generic luxury sedan look. The car gives me great pleasure. If you are looking for a light, fast luxurious car, you should try one.

Vast and Furious

Frisko4Me, 01/14/2008

The nicest car that I have ever driven. 400 horsepower purring at your command. I compared Audi A8, BMW 7 Series, Lexus, and Mercedes. I believe this car is the best combination of performance and comfort on the market today. Easy to use touch screen navigation and Blue Tooth communications, (no annoying iDrive). New, more comfortable seats in the 2008 (traded an '04 XJR). Also cabin is much more quiet than previous models.

One more time !

SC Retired, 10/16/2018
Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 4th Jaguar, all XJ Sedans, Two were Vanden Plas. Two were new, 2 were Certified used.. I have had wonderful results with all my cars, few repairs . I want one more , hope my luck holds. The pleasure of driving and owning erases the cost.

Styling. Power. Luxry interior. Reliability.

Mark in Oregon, 01/02/2020
Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Afer two 2004 XJ's (x350), I finally found a 29k mile 2008 Vanden Plas recently in 2019. Let me share my experience from the two 2004's and current 2008. As my title states, these cars are truly outstanding in all key areas. Nothing on the road these days as distinctive as the x350 Jaguars. Performance is outstanding with either the 300 or 400 horsepower models. The 300hp version does 0-60 in under 7 seconds and yet gets gas mileage of around 28 mpg highways and 24 mpg city. Jaguar interiors are unlike any other car except maybe Rolls Royce and Bentley offerings. All the aromatic leather, real walnut trim, lambs wool carpets, and the comfort Jaguar offers are of first class treatment. Reliability is quite impressive (read other reviews), and the only major weak points are as follows: Suspension on these cars is an air controlled system which over time will definity need replacing as the rubber components wear. When replacing, you will want to use the Arnott after market version which will last much longer than the factory version and afford a slightly firmer ride. The total cost to replace both front and rear components (by a qualified non-dealer facility) will run about $3k. The only other costly replacement is the Xenon headlamps found on some of these cars. Each headlight unit is a complete piece with bulbs and housing. Cost for each to replace is about $12-15 hundred dollars. I give this car 5 stars because after owning three of them, my experience with each has been superb. Note: The 2008 and 2009 editions offered a much more aggressive body treatment and firmer ride. While the same length they are slightly taller and a bit more roomy. They also came standard with 18 inch wheels on the base models and 19 and 20 inch wheel options were available, with the 19 inch being standard on the Vanden Plas editions. Happy hunting for the car of your dreams!

Not just another pretty face

Frisko4me, 01/01/2008

The nicest car I have ever owned, and I have owned many. Very comfortable new seats for 2008. I previously owned a 2004 XJR and this car is much more comfortable. Recently drove 3000 freeway miles, and love this car. Lots of leg room front and rear. Amazing 400 horsepower, this car can be a rocket. Yet, very good on gas, averaged over 23 MPG.

Just perfect

mike, 12/10/2009

The car is beautiful, comfortable, reliable, fast, sporty and classy. The gas mileage is probably the best in this luxury segment.

08 XJ8 L

AustinWest, 11/15/2018
XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned many cars over the years and this one is by far my favorite. I currently have 130k miles and climbing every day. The only repairs made to this car in 10 years are a replaced coolant reservoir (that i was able to replace myself for less than $200) and I replaced the front control arms for around $1500. Engine, transmission and everything else is original and runs like new. Quick acceleration, excellent braking and the fuel economy is insane for a big V8 sedan. I get around 20-25 mpg in the city and have seen well into the 40's on the highway. Each tank I average almost 27mpg. The style of this car is timeless. People stop and stare at it all the time. The pearl grey paint color is a real eye-catcher. The car is also incredibly ahead of its time. Heated and cooled seats. Heated steering wheel. Navigation and bluetooth all work well. The sound system is fantastic. Handling is a dream. Charming and sophisticated around the city but can scream and squeal tires if you really want to. I really have no complaints. This car will hopefully make it to my dying day.

The Best There Is for Us

suoxor, 03/08/2008

Now 58, I have always desired to own an XJ8. That dream was realized this past August when we purchased the L model. In no way has this dream car let us down. From the youngest to the oldest, heads turn toward it when it appears on the street. Never in my life have I enjoyed the comfort and style of a car more than our beauty silver model.

51050