Used 2008 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:

08 XJ8 L
By AustinWest

2008 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned many cars over the years and this one is by far my favorite. I currently have 130k miles and climbing every day. The only repairs made to this car in 10 years are a replaced coolant reservoir (that i was able to replace myself for less than $200) and I replaced the front control arms for around $1500. Engine, transmission and everything else is original and runs like new. Quick acceleration, excellent braking and the fuel economy is insane for a big V8 sedan. I get around 20-25 mpg in the city and have seen well into the 40's on the highway. Each tank I average almost 27mpg. The style of this car is timeless. People stop and stare at it all the time. The pearl grey paint color is a real eye-catcher. The car is also incredibly ahead of its time. Heated and cooled seats. Heated steering wheel. Navigation and bluetooth all work well. The sound system is fantastic. Handling is a dream. Charming and sophisticated around the city but can scream and squeal tires if you really want to. I really have no complaints. This car will hopefully make it to my dying day.

One more time !
By SC Retired

2008 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 4th Jaguar, all XJ Sedans, Two were Vanden Plas. Two were new, 2 were Certified used.. I have had wonderful results with all my cars, few repairs . I want one more , hope my luck holds. The pleasure of driving and owning erases the cost.

Truly, “The Blending of Art and Machine”!
By David

2008 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Owning an iconic Jaguar XJ Series is not only a very wise decision, but an honor. No other motorcar exudes the timeless class, distinction, dependability, value and sheer driving pleasure that the XJ so firmly commands.

My 2008 XJ8L makes my heart swoon every time I see it. Once inside, every one of my sences is hightened by its sheer beauty, engineering and driving performance.

My XJ8L was fitted with most every option available. It’s gorgeous curvaceous Emerald Green Metalic exterior (which looks black at night, like having two different vehicles), chrome front grill (upper & lower) combined with the classic round headlights and fog lights, distinctive Jaguar side vents, extended front and rear bumpers, rear trunk spoiler and 19” chrome wheels; perfection! Inside, the ultra-luxurious cream leather with mocha piping and trim, Walnut burlwood dash, trim & shift knob, real chrome accents throughout and the expansive rear seating which comes with the “L” long-wheelbase feels like I’m in a 5 star gentleman’s club.

My favorite and most used options are the front and rear heated and cooled seats, premium sound system, navigation system and the cruise control.

This motorcar drives just like it looks, like a gorgeous sure-footed, nimble and powerful cat, always ready to strike. The cabin is so quiet, it’s like you’re standing still; but, put your foot on the gas and this cat growls into high speed, leaving others in the dust.

The combination of modern technology and classic styling strike a perfect balance, something that is rarely found. A+

Wonderful Jag !
By gmayfield

2008 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Very fun to drive.
Not sure about reliability as
it only has 14k miles.
Drives like a dream & very responsive handling and acceleration.
2 quirks I will mention:
No back-up camera in navigation system. "beep" signal
is very adequate though
Rear seat headrests hinder rear outward vision
TREMENDOUSLY !!!
I wish they could flip down
out of the way or could be removed easily.
The headrests enlarge the blindspots on both sides, therefore you must rely heavily on rear view side
mirrors when changing lanes.
Make sure mirrors are adjusted correctly or you WILL
cut someone off when changing lanes.
Otherwise,
one of my most memorable cars to
drive & to look at.

Acceleration Handling Fit & finish Interior comfort Navigation system Stereo

Removeable rear seat headrests Back-up camera in rear view mirror or navigation system

Maintenance
By Al

2008 Jaguar XJ-Series Sedan XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned the car for a little over a year and the air-conditioning went out. We I took it in the said the brake pads had to be replaced. We only have 15,000 miles on the car. The dealer mechanic said we would have to change them every 20,000 miles or less. This does not seem right. Is this a design flaw in the car?

performance and handling

They should design a car that does not need the brake pads replaced every 15 - 20 thousand miles.