Used 2001 Jaguar S-Type Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Jaguar S-Type Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:

Mom (+70yrs) {@65>limit} no ticket
By L. Richardson

2001 Jaguar S-Type V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

Mom had to learn to use cruise control because this car is a performance vehicle. Quiet, smooth ride even at high speeds. Only a minority of parts are difficult to get. I have found it easy to work on. Use the right tools. I have had to replace spark plug wires, air sensor, rotors and pads. This vehicle set in a garage for @4 years (owner had health issues) with no driving only being started occasionally. If buying an s type be sure of the transmission. The car is a joy to drive. It truly is a performance luxury vehicle.

My jag is like a great wine
By John

2001 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We have had this car since 2003 and at that time it was 2 years old. It is now 2017 and my wife still loves this car. She says it is like a fine wine which just gets better with age. It now has 178,000 miles and still drives like a charm. This has been the best investment we made since building our dream home. Thanks for the chance to share.

PUMA!!!!
By mac210boy

2001 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I Love the wat the car drives and handles! I bought it with 83,000 miles on it and added 13,000 so far. I have not had any problems with PUMA except for a power stering leak! It is a great buy for me. I'm 6'0" and have no problem with the space on the inside!

Exterior!

suspention

Nothing But Trouble
By DONT GET IT

2001 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I feel sick just thinking about my cat, I've had nothing but trouble ever since I got it. The first month I got it I had to get the transmission fixed and now the car goes off when i get a red light. I like the leather seats and how the car looks inside and out. Don't get this car if you want a good everyday car.

The interior and the front

ENGINE

My Kitty Purrs
By Onthefly

2001 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it used with low mileage...perfect..Now has 66,000 mostly highway miles on it...Total bliss..It's my second Jag..First was '94 XJ6 and was so in love with that one that I didn't trade it til 125k and everything under the hood leaking and car locking itself without ptompting!..SO, this little one had big shoes to fill....It did..In fact, I like its easier handling due to its smaller size, and its highway performance has not suffered..I still get away from those big trucks when I need to and the hooks are great on these Jags...Just had its first repair...back passenger window fell off the track ..I always do the maintenance at the dealership.LUVIT!

Comfortable ride during my frequent roadtrips...Smooth, quiet ride...But careful..Use the cruise control...Easy to do 80 without a second thought...Cops will notice that..One noticed me..Luxury appearance and retro styling...Find people admiring it and telling me so as I park it here and there...

well, burning regular gas and better mileage ( altho I get about 23 mph already) would be nice but then, it is a high performance engine and I like that,too!