Used 1992 Isuzu Pickup Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Isuzu Pickup Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:

Best Vehicle I have ever Owned
By Bluewater

1992 Isuzu Pickup Regular Cab S 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Best most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Just gave it to my son. If it survives him, it will survive anything. If I knew what I knew now, I would have bought three of them at the time. No longer available and hard to find. Fun to drive. Engine has lots of power. No complaints.

Looks good inside and out. Engine is tough, strong and gets great mileage. 5 speed trans is excellent. Great wing windows and even the stock radio sounds great.

None. Too bad they quit making them.

Great Little Truck
By John

1992 Isuzu Pickup Regular Cab S 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought it right off the showroom and I've only seen one like it in the fourteen years since. I needed a four wheel drive for use on my property in Tennessee. Had to have it to climb up my road. It handled the snow and mud up there and the sand and water down here in Florida. It made two or three trips a year between the two states until I bought something newer a few years ago. I still love driving it around the city and when it floods during storm season, I'm always the one who can get through to pick you up. Only problems have been the paint (re-painted it twice)and the exhaust system (had to replace pipes and muffler three times).

I love how it sits up high compared to most early import trucks. It has classic lines and never goes out of style. The V-6 has a ton of low-end torque and will pull almost anything out of the mud at idle plus a bit in four-wheel low. I like the center fold down armrest and the side-wing windows.

I'd like to see them do a better factory paint job and maybe figure out how to keep the exhaust pipes from rusting out so fast. Other than those two things, I like everything else about this truck. It's a keeper. (I mean that...I sold it once and bought it back the next year).

Great Value!
By Keith

1992 Isuzu Pickup Regular Cab S 2dr Regular Cab SB

Purchased the truck in Feb. '93 on a close out of 1992 vehicles. Told the dealer I was only going to drive it for a year or two and trade it in. 14 years later haven't given it up. Low maintenance required, mpg average 25-30 depending on gas in your area. Over 14 years have replaced front brakes four times (use dealer pads won't have this problem), back brakes still have 40% of pads left, heater core, three sets of tires, new set of shocks, rear leaf spring bushings (due to heavy load levels), timing belt at 90K recommended at 60k, and will be replacing mixture control valve to even out idle and reduce carbon emissions. All work able to be done by average home mechanic. Highly recommend the truck

Miles per gallon, low maintenance, affordability, low cost of ownership/maintenance, dependability, awkward smiles it puts on my friends faces when they see me pull up and ask me to help them out again. Often followed by how much would you sell that thing for? 140K miles of trouble free use.

Front brakes, lower cost for replacement parts and availability as another reviewer indicated.

Underrated!
By FlyBag?

1992 Isuzu Pickup Regular Cab S 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had a great experience with this truck. I bought it in 1996 with 42K. The only problem I had was a head gasket and radiator, which I never changed the fluid in. I changed the oil every 3K and filled the gas tank and that was it. It has 139K now and I crashed it. All body damage but I got my money worth, I paid $5,000 in '96. Totally underrated truck.

Gas economy. Dependability.

Parts availability. When I had to replace a minor part, it was hard to find.

Isuzu Quality!
By John's Truck

This 92 Isuzu Truck was the best value
I could find on the market. It has
outstanding build quality yet it was
the lowest priced truck on the market.
Significantly lower in price than the
Ford Ranger, Toyota Tacoma, etc. I'm
quite pleased with its performance.
No regrets buying it. However, now that
Isuzu is using the Chevy S10 as their
truck, I wouldn't recommend it today.

Powerful engine, excellent quality, simple design.

Must have power steering as a standard feature. Difficult to turn in tight places without power steering.