2017 INFINITI QX70 SUV Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 INFINITI QX70 SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX70 model:

Best deal i've ever gotten
By gaboy

2017 INFINITI QX70 SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I have a good friend who has a 2014 version under the old nomenclature, and while I originally thought the car was a little odd looking (i still do), i really enjoyed riding in it. I finally decided to get a new car in 2017 and after looking at all the midsize SUV's available, i drifted over to the Qx70 because i wanted something fun to drive and the car had gone out of production so i felt i could get a good deal on one. I actually got a spectacular deal on a CPO with 4400 miles on it ($36K for a car with a $52K sticker) and 42 months of mfer warranty left. It was a corporate owned vehicle used by a Nissan exec. My gain points out a negative- this vehicle really depreciates in its first year- so if you buy one you need to keep it. I purposely stayed away from the sport and limited because the 18 inch wheel has a lot more air and rubber on the wheels vs the 20/21 inch wheels - it makes a difference in softening the ride. I think the big wheels look great but i wanted a more standard issue tire. The technology is old but proven- no trips to the dealership for bugs in the driver assist functions or transmission. Nav has both touchscreen and button panel- its a little far away for touchscreen when driving but buttons are intuitive. The car drives wonderfully. The responsiveness is off the charts and the rear-wheel drive acceleration is smooth and powerful. I just love driving it and it is more comfortable than i expected. The biggest negative is the fuel economy- 17/21 with premium fuel adds up. But i knew that going in and the deal i got will pay for a lot of fuel! GREAT CAR!!!

My QX 70 Baby
By Jeff

2017 INFINITI QX70 SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Wonderful SUV and u feel like a million bucks driving it!!!!

My 3rd one!
By Justine

2017 INFINITI QX70 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I love this car so much, I've owned 3. Although the 1st two were the FX37, my 3rd one, the QX70 is the same vehicle with just a name change. The only thing I would like to see would be an upgraded technology package to stay aligned with its closest SUV competitors, the BMW and Volvo.

Love the look. Hate the car
By Ron

2017 INFINITI QX70 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Ride is stiff. rattles my dentures. No room in the rear. I'm a big guy so this has made my car a three seater. Not enough space between brake and accelerator. my foot often is partially on both which is a hazard waiting to happen. The gas mileage sucks. I'm only getting 10 mpg. Well below the advertised amount. This was my dream car since the FX35 first came out. My dream has turned into a nightmare.

Meh...not really that impressed
By JWK

2017 INFINITI QX70 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I rented this car and spent 900 miles in it (I got in with 8 miles, returned with 908). Overall, I was expecting better. Cabin was nice and well appointed. Buttons were easily placed and generally everything was intuitive and easy to use. Given that it was January and I was in northern Minnesota, I was impressed by the stability control intervention, which was quick and predictable when cornering and the rear started to break away. Kept me on the road pointed the right direction, and there was no tire spinning or anything. As with a lot of Infiniti SUVs, the cabin is a bit claustrophobic and outward visibility is below average. I really had to crane my neck to look over my shoulder and around blind spots. If road conditions were at all undulating, the ride was very jumpy and uncomfortable. You could really see it when the headlights were on; they were bobbing up and down and all of that was transmitted into the cabin. The USB integration was sporadic. Sometimes it would start up right away, others it would get stuck on "reading file" and require a lot more monkeying around with it before music would play. But what was most noteworthy, in a negative sense, was the gas mileage. I drove the 900 miles in less than a week, so my driving was mostly highway. Yet it returned below 20 mpg as an average. For a 20+ gallon tank, range was *barely* 400 miles. I'm not a rocket accelerator, nor do I drive like a speed demon (on the interstate, I have the cruise pegged right around the speed limit). Add to that the engine requires premium gasoline. In this day and age, for a smaller SUV, that kind of mileage is flat-out poor. On the same route with my Cayenne and driving the same style, I get 24-25 mpg. As a result, I would say that while there are some things to like about the QX70, there are much better options out there.