Used 2005 INFINITI FX35 Consumer Reviews - 204 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

I LOVE THIS CAR
By soccermom

2005 INFINITI FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was not familiar with the car and my husband wanted to buy it. I now LOVE it. I love driving it on road trips the seats hug you! I love the engine I wanted at 350z and feel like I got a bigger version. My kids even love this car! I'm thinking of trading it as my kids are going off to college and am having difficulty parting with it. I didn't think I would but like the others said the one down side is the gas it is a drinker.

I have satellite radio the Bose radio system is AWESOME. I also love reclining back seats and rear air.

Auto rear door hatch would be nice and the rear door can be heavy. Also it would be nice if the rear glass opened as an option.

HOW COULD YOU NOT LOVE IT!
By Drillsgt833

2005 INFINITI FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What can I say. Power, good looks, fun to drive, & reliable who could ask for more? This Infiniti is an excellent vehicle. My wife couldn't stand the design at first but now drives it more than I do. Plenty of power when needed. Fuel mileage is good for an SUV I get about 15-17 in the city and 21-23 on the hwy. Ride is a bit bumpy but it is to be expected for a more sporty ride. I handle and take curves better then my 98 Q45. Compared to the Lexus RX and Acura MDX it is by far the more exciting to drive!

V6 power, leather, sunroof, 6 disc in dash CD changer.

Ride is a little harsh when tires are worn (keep good tires on it.)

Mid life crisis car par excellance
By sidruze

2005 INFINITI FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've leased this car for three plus years now and am really having a hard time with the thought of turning it in. Mine has the standard 18s because I do live down a country road. I've beefed up the power with a Stillen system. I highly recommend this for anyone serious about exploring the car's true sports potential. Not that the car is underpowed stock but wow this mod really helps let the beast out. Now with 300+ hp it just loves to run. The beemer crowd are often shocked when this car not only hangs with them but leaves many behind. Ok so I'm a little old for an outright sports car but this one is stealth personified.

Pretty much everything about this car is first rate. I've gotten almost 40,000 on original tires. Like the manual shift capability and the rev limiter to stop me killing myself or the motor. Comfortable cruiser with teeth. good in all weather conditions.

Paddles shifters, now standard on the new ones, gas mileage, but you do pay for power.

$ for $ could not be happier
By Ron Smith

2005 INFINITI FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have tested ALL SUVs and crossovers. I have been a mechanical eng for 30 years. When I researched this FX and drove it, I was sold on the spot. Every day I drive it I like even more. I am probably the pickiest person when it comes to spending $. I just want what I pay for. I felt this was the only SUV that gave me that feeling and still does. Quality from back to front and top to bottom. It just came down to how much quality do you want for your money.

Everything, style, ride sound system . Exhaust sound, performance, gas mileage, etc.

Ok brushed aluminum? This SUV deserves much better, maybe I'll send it in to be chromed.

Love It!
By Safiya7

2005 INFINITI FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my FX35 used in 2007, I had been wanting one for a least a year but was torn between the FX35 and the VW Toureg. Well I made the right choice I have fallen in love with this car. Coming from a VW beetle a 4-cyl to a powerful V6 was an adjustment when it came to the extra power. This car gives you the best of everything it rides smooth like a luxury car but has that size of an SUV. My fiance' and I took it on a trip to Las Vegas and it did great.

Design of the exterior and interior room. Love the sound of the exhaust!

The rear window is tiny but fits well with the overall look of the car. I do not like the brushed silver moldings they scratch easily.