Used 2008 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Hyundai Veracruz

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

Good Value
By Good Value

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2008 Veracruz in March of 2009, and it was sold at invoice, and with a $6000 rebate in addition, so it came it a little over $20,000 for a nicely equipped crossover vehicle. An SUV is built on a truck chassis, so I would consider this a crossover. Nice design and build quality, and a nice vehicle to drive. The only negatives are the poor fuel economy (l5 mpg. city), and the very poor reception of the AM radio, which has a poor tuner. The satellite and FM radio reception is fine, but I like to listen to AM. I listened to another Veracruz and it had the same poor tuner. Nice room for seven here, and a very good value for the money. Just be ready to buy anot

Design, interior, quality materials

1. Improve quality of AM radio tuner. 2. Correct harsh suspension when going over railroad tracks, etc. 3. Improve fuel economy. A 6 speed should get l8 city, and 26 highway, but this one gets l5 city and 21 highway.

A contender
By Anders

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have the 2008 base model. I am very impressed by how good the car is, both in performance, comfort and design. It is very competitive with the 2005 Honda Pilot I also have. In exterior design and ride it is even better. My only peeve is the audio quality, which lacks resolution and "life" compared to may other OEM systems.

Power and ride quality

Better audio system

Hyundai's come a long way
By Pinevalleyite

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My first new car (in 1986) was a Hyundai Excel. Perfect price for the newly graduated and employed. People made fun of "Hyundai" back then. Seems the rep has changed and I'm loving my new Hyundai Veracruz. Ride is so smooth and it feels like a luxury vehicle. Lots of nice interior touches and great handling and maneuvering. While competing dealers will tell you the Veracruz is not "in the same class" as their crossover, it's priced right and I'm listening to the reports from the experts that Hyundai is making a quality vehicle. Time will tell, but love it so far.

Comfortable and plush interior, great sound from the soundsystem, smooth and quiet ride, 3rd row seat is truly additional seating & not some cheap drop down, rides like a car not a truck, trip meters and info on how much gas left etc., outside temp reading, roomy, my teens love it too!

Pickup could be better, more storage space

good choise
By jack

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have the limited and it is the best suv I had ever owned. I had an 2007 honda pilot and the veracruz wins by far. it is so quite on the road its hard to believe your moving, and the ride is the best, very smooth. This is my fourth Hyundai and they just get better, I had two Santa fe,s 01 & 03 and both were great. My wife has an 04 XG350L and had no problems. Hope this helps anyone looking at Hyundai.

ride, comfort, safty

better gas millage

More than a year and still love it!
By santa rosa

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

After over 1yr I have 14K on my '08 Veracruz Limited. The vehicle has been nearly flawless! Nothing has gone wrong - not even minor problems. The interior still looks new even with kids. The interior layout is completely intuitive and the best I have had on any vehicle. A minor complaint is acceleration from a stop. But, to my surprise, using premium fuel does improve this problem a bit. The interior space is exceptional. We cart 2 kids with child seats and gear and the VC has ample room. Ride comfort for long trips is great. My wife's vehicle is an '08 Lexus RX350 and I can say the 2 are fairly comparable. We usually take the VC for trips because it has more storage space and a 3rd row.

Great interior layout & trim, Split third row seats, Attractive exterior styling, Power rear hatch, Great overall storage space & handy compartments, Heated seats, Driver & passenger power seats, Convenient standard electrical outlet for laptop or DVD, Center console cooler for kids snacks

Acceleration off a stop could be better, Key fob can be too sensitive and you can open the rear hatch by accident, Hyundai could do much better promotion of the Veracruz